Corsair Community

is CMZ6GX3M3A1600C8 can run with TR3X6G1600C8D on a t3eh6 board on 8-8-8-24 at 1.65v?

stookza

Hello

Yesterday i asked to order from a store here in israel those memories model: CMZ6GX3M3A1600C8. since 3 years ago im working with TR3X6G1600C8D and set them to 8-8-8-24-2T at 1.65V in my bios according to this article: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=75931 .

Now what i wanted to ask is if those 2 kinds of memories can work together at 8-8-8-24-2T at 1.65V setting in the bios [because i saw that the 1.65v setting has been removed from the list of the vengence memories and it supports just 1.5v] without any problems and BSOD or something else? or should i cancel the order because they dont fit to work together at 1.65v.

anyway i cant set the TR3X6G1600C8D to 1.5v in the bios because i had reboot problems and bsod with that.

Many thanks

ah ok thx alot i c, but in that exapmle that i read in your article we can see almost 2 diffrent frequency and timings so thats totally a diffrent memories, and i meant to buy memory with the same timing and frequency setting but just with a diffrent voltage setting and another model name, and thats because i cant find at the stores in israel the same memory 1600mhz dominator which i purchaed 3 years ago and working with it now. so do u wanna tell me that even if i will buy exactly the same model of TR3X6G1600C8D which i have now, can i still have problems? [even that its exactly the same memory model and all the same but just the serial number of the product is diffrent or i dont know what else...]

Even two sets of the same exact part number, version number, and so on is not suggested as synthohol stated.

If all your sticks did not come from one single package it is considered "mixing memory" and there is no way to tell if they will run together. You actually have a less than 50% chance to do so successfully.

Your best bet is to cancel your order and just buy a single 12 gig kit. That way all your modules are matched and you wont have to worry about any other issues.

There no way i would mix a Dominator kit with a Vengeance kit. They are two totally different memories even though spec wise they are close.

Archived