Corsair Community

HD140 + ledhub/controller problem

yetimusic

Hello. I bought 2 hd140 fans, a led hub and a ledhub controller.

When plug the fans into the hub only the fan plugged in to the first port of the hub will work. i swapped out the fans and both will work when plugged into the first port.

i read somewhere i need to edit some stuff in link/icue but none of my fans show up there, which would make sense to me since i dont have anything plugged into the motherboard so how could it detect it.

help would be aprreciated.

You need to plug the NoPro into a USB port. From there, you'll set the Lighting Channel configuration in iCue (or Link). There's no other way that you'll get it to work.

Check out the RGB FAQ in my signature for LOTS more info.

The noPro? what is that?

Lighting Node Pro (NoPro or LNP)

Commander Pro (CLCP, C-Pro, and 4 or 5 other abbreviations)

In order to use software to change the lighting, you need a physical device to interface with the motherboard and software. That is the two things above. In your current configuration, you can only use the physical remote control to change the lighting.

Yes i don't even want to use software. i just want my 2 fans to light up. but right now only one of the fans light up, when it is plugged in to the first port of the led hub.

Yes i don't even want to use software. i just want my 2 fans to light up. but right now only one of the fans light up, when it is plugged in to the first port of the led hub.

If you don't want to use software, the other option is to use the HD button controller. You have fewer options but no software requirement. Is that plugged in to the Fan Hub?

If you don't want to use software, the other option is to use the HD button controller. You have fewer options but no software requirement. Is that plugged in to the Fan Hub?

Yes i have the button controller, the one with 3 buttons, speed/mode/color. It is plugged into the fan hub. As i mentiond one of my 2 fans is working and the controller works aswell for it. but if i use a port other than port 1 the fan doesn't light up.

And you have the ports plugged in sequentially? For example, Port 1 then Port 2? (with two fans, you should only use port 1 and 2, 1 and 3 won't work).

Yes i have them in 1 and 2. i tried swapping them, turning off pc and restarting, unplugging controller, etc. i can only get 1 to light up :(

I suspect that you have a bad fan hub although it's possible (just not likely) that both fans could be bad. The only way to be certain would be to test with a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro), which you don't have.

If you have a multimeter, you could see if the second port is sending power. If it's not, we may be able to jump pin 2 and pin 3 and then use port 3.

But ... really ... the easiest thing to do is to get it replaced.

I suspect that you have a bad fan hub although it's possible (just not likely) that both fans could be bad. The only way to be certain would be to test with a Lighting Node Pro (NoPro), which you don't have.

If you have a multimeter, you could see if the second port is sending power. If it's not, we may be able to jump pin 2 and pin 3 and then use port 3.

But ... really ... the easiest thing to do is to get it replaced.

Wait so what do i need to return? i'm also afraid i don't have the packaging anymore.

Hmmm ... the simplest thing to do is typically an exchange with the retailer but it sounds like that may not be an option. I'd contact Corsair Support (using the ticket system) and go through it with them.

I can contact the retailer first. since it was packaged in pretty much nothing but cardboard and no official corsair packaging it might be no problem.

But let me get this straight before i rma anything. You are saying it's probably a faulty ledhub?

there is nothing that i am doing wrong that could cause the problem?

because i think i have read that with the led hub only the first port is active by default and u have to enable the other 5 ports with software ( which sounds pretty stupid to me if thats the case ).

Trying to prevent them sending it back to me saying there's nothing wrong with it and me having to pay for shipping. especially since delivery was delayed by 6 days and retailers support was pretty pretty bad.

Thanks in advance.

With the push-button controller attached, it should light all of them up.

The controller could be the issue as well. Without a Lighting Node Pro and iCue, we can't narrow that down. But it's one or the other from the looks of it.

With the push-button controller attached, it should light all of them up.

The controller could be the issue as well. Without a Lighting Node Pro and iCue, we can't narrow that down. But it's one or the other from the looks of it.

Okay so it's got to be one of them. Which one should i RMA you reckon?

Archived