Corsair Community

Corsair HS70 firmware/charging issue

Griff_

Hi all, after a bit of googling i was unable to find any similar issues, so I came here to ask:

I recently bought the corsair HS70, and from the moment i charged it to full (3h) and then turned it on, I was incredibly satisfied with its audio quality, performance, longevity, and quality of life / utility features. Literally could not be happier with my very first wireless headset. However:

perhaps maybe 1/2 weeks after my purchase, I applied another firmware update, and ever since then (not sure if coincidence or not) the "Charge complete" notification is absent.

When I plug the headset in, it will cue "Charging battery". Then at multiple periods throughout its charge it will cue the same, at seemingly random intervals. Then from what i can tell, when its actually at full battery it will cue "Charging battery" twice in a row, I think?

I experience no battery degradation, and the charge seems to take as long now as it did on the second day of use, and similarly can last entire days of usage and still not run out of battery. The only thing thats been niggling at me is this lack of "charge complete" which would prompt me to disconnect the charge cable - essentially turning the headset into a wired headset for the portion of the day where i forget / have no reason to disconnect the USB cable. Similarly, if i leave the cable in and disconnect after 5 hours, the battery level shows at 93% or 90%. However leaving it in for 2 hours~ and removing shows a battery level of 100%? Can't be certain this is true in all cases, I have not had the patience to test extensively.

So I come here to ask you all, has anyone else experienced the same? Using firmware 0.64? And similarly I was unable to find legacy firmware versions, so I've currently been unable to test previous firmware images on the device, which i would very much like in order to rectify this issue. Does anyone know where its possible to obtain previous firmware versions for the device?

Edited by Griff_

Did as was suggested. Its been plugged in for 4 hours and has still not output "Battery full" even though it took only 3 hours on first charge. Unplugging and checking battery shows 88% even after 4 hours. Similarly its still running 0.64.

What exactly is holding mute supposed to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same thing but it doesnt matter, the battery is still full, the software is wrong with the numbers, I just ignored it. But I will have the warning sound after a while, you can disable the warning sound of low battery by deleting the sounds files in the icue folder and after that you can enjoy the full battery of the hs70 o:

For me its about 14hours of battery without interruption :)

The issue is not the battery being full or not. The issue is not being informed when it is full, the result is simply the annoyance that i need to turn off the power to the headset and check the power level in the settings manually before turning it back on. The result of which is preferring to leave it plugged in rather than go through that effort, which essentially turns it into a wired headset. I would really like to know if anyone knows where i can find legacy drivers/firmware so i can get the audio cue working again. I really dislike not having the cue and desperately want it back.

• 6 months later...
i have almost the same issue, bought it 1-2 weeks ago and 1st charge was ok and notification of full charge ok but after that the full charge notification was at 95% and decreasing... Tried many cables, chargers or usb ports and same issue each time. Yesterday it was full and turned it off and now today after i turned it on it says low battery and 3% left even after 2 hours of use. I think icue software or firmware is faulty. Both software/firmware are up to date.