Corsair Community

H100 Problem..

Eclectric

Hi, i've been running an H100 ( not H100i ) for a couple of years now and not had any issues with it until now:

I noticed that the lights on the pump are now unevenly lit, the button doesn't alter fan speed, and only one fan is running out of the two, and the one that does spin remains at full speed.

Both fans speed up when the system is initially booted up but one of the fans then stops, and as said the one that does work is 'stuck' on full speed (loud!).

I have tried disconnecting the main pump sensor connector ( the three pin with only a single actual pin sticking out ) from the CPU Fan header and directly pluggin in the first fan into this, and the second fan into the CPU Opt header - this gets both fans spinning continuously but unfortunately still stuck on full speed, and no fan settings in the motherboard software have any effect..

Is this something i can RMA? It does seem to be goosed although cooling still works effectively.. I tried installing Corsair Link but it didn't seem to detect the H100..

Another issue is that i literally need the system running as i use it for work, and so can't afford to wait several weeks for a replacement so really stuck here.

Any advice appreciated and here's what it looks like ( note unevenly lit ):

http://i62.tinypic.com/6sur2r.jpg

Archived