Corsair Community

iCue won’t update firmware of Vengeance RGB Pro

axl_sch

Hi there, I have installed the lastest version of iCue and all the firmware of my set up (keyboard, mouse, hydro 150, node pro) did update execpt the one for Vengeance rgb pro CMW32GX4M4C3000C15 ! iCue is asking for a local firmware file.. Are they some links somewhere ? Or may be my kit is broken, they are on the QVL of Rampage VI extrême but with or without xmp at 3000 the system freeze within minute. I have to set them manually to 2933 which is kind of disapointing..

Hi there, I have installed the lastest version of iCue and all the firmware of my set up (keyboard, mouse, hydro 150, node pro) did update execpt the one for Vengeance rgb pro CMW32GX4M4C3000C15 ! iCue is asking for a local firmware file.. Are they some links somewhere ? Or may be my kit is broken, they are on the QVL of Rampage VI extrême but with or without xmp at 3000 the system freeze within minute. I have to set them manually to 2933 which is kind of disapointing..

As Inheritance said, there's no updated firmware. And the message from iCue is a little ... misleading. It should say "No Firmware Found" not "Failed to load".

As for the RAM speed ... that's also dependent on your motherboard and CPU memory controller. Anything over 2400 is an overclock and YMMV with the CPU being able to handle it.

The XMP profile is the design timings. That doesn't guarantee that it works on every processor. As the memory controller is on the CPU, you'll have a bit of silicon lottery at work here. Anything over 2666 Mhz on your CPU is an overclock and will be dependent on whether or not your CPU can actually run the overclock. The more sticks you have, the more issues you may have when overclocking. And, technically, the DDR4 spec is 2133Mhz ... so even 2666Mhz is an overclock.

Yeah I Know but why did ASUS put those RAM on the QVL list of the Rampage VI Extreme if they can’t even run at specified specs with Skylake X... at 2933 and xmp timings everything is fine and stable but as soon as I put back 3000, windows freezes within minutes once booted..

Archived