The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 125 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 02:08 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769705
Elestriel Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsidex View Post
Well there you go!
Thanks for the quick response Btw really appreciated.
(here is the full line from the device manager, just in case you need any more info)
HID\VID_1B1C&PID_1B17&MI_01&COL02\7&3B704863&0&0001
Thanks! I'll get to work on that, and maybe get a new version out in a day or two. Kind of a crazy week for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysonnG View Post
I would love to see a source code posted or at least a project file. If you could do that, that would be great!
I will be releasing the source once the project is ready for it. Right now it's still quite a mess and I have a lot left to do. Stick around and you'll definitely see it soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninus3d View Post
Awesome to see you still working on this Elestriel :)
But of course! I intend to make a very comprehensive chunk of features!

Old 03-31-2015, 03:34 PM
CaptainJee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769717
CaptainJee Reputation: 10

This looks crazy :) I would love to have this on my keyboard - it's a K95 - Nordic layout.

Can I provide you something that would help you to put nordic layouts in the package, Elestrial? ;)

Thanks for sharing your great work!

Old 03-31-2015, 04:31 PM

POST ID # = 769742
robitut47 Reputation: 10

It works so freaking flawlessly @.@ Thank you so much @Elestriel!!! You are the best =^-^=

Old 03-31-2015, 04:55 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769748

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJee View Post
This looks crazy :) I would love to have this on my keyboard - it's a K95 - Nordic layout.

Can I provide you something that would help you to put nordic layouts in the package, Elestrial? ;)

Thanks for sharing your great work!
I'm actually going to be adding a little module to my program that allows us to go through key IDs and lighting up keys, one-by-one, so that people with different layouts can help me map their keyboards out. I'll be posting that update soon-ish!

I really want to nail all the layouts, so your help with this would be wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robitut47 View Post
It works so freaking flawlessly @.@ Thank you so much @Elestriel!!! You are the best =^-^=
Aww, thank you! Do remember that there are parts of other peoples' work within mine, so the credit isn't all mine!

Old 03-31-2015, 05:05 PM
CaptainJee's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769750
CaptainJee Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
I'm actually going to be adding a little module to my program that allows us to go through key IDs and lighting up keys, one-by-one, so that people with different layouts can help me map their keyboards out. I'll be posting that update soon-ish!

I really want to nail all the layouts, so your help with this would be wonderful!
Nice one, looking forward for that update :)

Old 03-31-2015, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 769775
Dreams-Visions Reputation: 10

just got this working on my k70.

amazeballs! particularly with these translucent keys!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769792
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

Just curious, how are the frequencies distributed on the K70 layout?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:27 PM
No Russian.
Yakov's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769798
Yakov Reputation: 10

Almost works flawlessly.

Just wish I didn't have to use a weird virtual cable setup. It has disabled me from using any microphone.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:35 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakov View Post
Almost works flawlessly.

Just wish I didn't have to use a weird virtual cable setup. It has disabled me from using any microphone.
You should be able to use a regular microphone by setting applications such as Skype to specifically use your microphone, rather than your default audio input device.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:35 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
Just curious, how are the frequencies distributed on the K70 layout?
Using a custom map of mine. I still have some tweaking to do, as the low bands are being clumped together in a weird way, causing the 3rd column to be lit up by a lot of different frequencies.

Eventually, I will enable custom map loading as well, so that users can customise the span of the frequencies. Right now, I'm capturing 1024 samples, each of which contains a range of about 9.9Hz. I'm then blending a sample with the one below and above it to make the spread a bit neater, then mapping those to the keyboard in a way that will make it look somewhat like the Winamp spectrograph. Not linear, but not quite logarithmic, either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakov View Post
Almost works flawlessly.

I know it's annoying, but there aren't many ways to capture audio. As I've mentioned, I might look into another method which uses WASAPI, instead of a loopback.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:51 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769804

Quote:
Using a custom map of mine. I still have some tweaking to do, as the low bands are being clumped together in a weird way, causing the 3rd column to be lit up by a lot of different frequencies.

Eventually, I will enable custom map loading as well, so that users can customise the span of the frequencies. Right now, I'm capturing 1024 samples, each of which contains a range of about 9.9Hz. I'm then blending a sample with the one below and above it to make the spread a bit neater, then mapping those to the keyboard in a way that will make it look somewhat like the Winamp spectrograph. Not linear, but not quite.
Yeah, I've noticed that lower frequencies in particular are pretty muddled in with the low-mid frequencies. Bass kicks in particular seem really underaccentuated.

I don't know if it'll help, but here's a picture of one of the EQ plugins in FL Studio. It has different frequency ranges at the bottom, maybe it can help you iron out the frequency map a bit.

Also, I made a little demonstration video! The spectrograph looks awesome with clear keycaps Too bad I don't have a better camera to record with, but oh well.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:18 PM
No Russian.
Yakov's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769808
Yakov Reputation: 10

Quote:
You should be able to use a regular microphone by setting applications such as Skype to specifically use your microphone, rather than your default audio input device.
Not with the hardware setup I have.
The microphone goes to unfathomable boost levels. I can hear the electrical signals man.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:20 PM

POST ID # = 769809
Dreams-Visions Reputation: 10

Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed that lower frequencies in particular are pretty muddled in with the low-mid frequencies. Bass kicks in particular seem really underaccentuated.

I don't know if it'll help, but here's a picture of one of the EQ plugins in FL Studio. It has different frequency ranges at the bottom, maybe it can help you iron out the frequency map a bit.

Also, I made a little demonstration video! The spectrograph looks awesome with clear keycaps Too bad I don't have a better camera to record with, but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Ve7-_0lkE
reape, what brand of keyboard caps are you using?

Old 03-31-2015, 10:23 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769810

Quote:

The problem is that the Fast Fourier Transform flattens everything out to being purely linear. I'm capturing roughly 0Hz-20.5Khz, in 1024 samples. If you do the math it comes out to each sample being about 20.02 Hz wide. Thanks to this, my lower frequencies, which as they are need to be pretty narrow, are ending up a little bit too wide. I've got a good idea how to fix it, though, so look forward to that in the next version.

IN OTHER NEWS, I'm releasing v0.3 tonight. This now includes support for the K65, K70, and K95 RGB series. There is a new Test Mode, which allows you to light up the keys on the keyboard one by one.

Anyone who has a keyboard that is not in the North America layout can use this, and then let me know what keys have what IDs. I suspect that the key between Z and Left Shift will be '16', so let me know if that's right and if any other keys need to be identified! Thank you so much for your help, everyone!

You can get the latest build in the first post of this topic.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:29 PM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams-Visions View Post
reape, what brand of keyboard caps are you using?
Signature Plastics Translucent DCS profile keycaps from http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com!

Quote:
The problem is that the Fast Fourier Transform flattens everything out to being purely linear. I'm capturing roughly 0Hz-20.5Khz, in 1024 samples. If you do the math it comes out to each sample being about 20.02 Hz wide. Thanks to this, my lower frequencies, which as they are need to be pretty narrow, are ending up a little bit too wide. I've got a good idea how to fix it, though, so look forward to that in the next version.
Ahh, I see how that can make things a tad tricky. You're doing a wonderful job though!

Tags
k70 vu meter, k95 rgb, music, spectrograph, visualizer