The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 125 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768017
Elestriel Reputation: 14
Default [Software] Visualizations and Spectrograph for Keyboards, Mice, and Headsets

Update: 2018-06-18: I was in a car accident a few weeks ago that resulted in my car being destroyed. I'll be getting my new car to replace it this week. I'll be moving this weekend. I've gotten a promotion to a leadership position that requires a lot of catching up. All that said, I'll be getting back into development once we're settled! Check out my website for a sneak peak at the replacement for CEE!

I am currently working on a new suite. CEE will continue to be supported, but somewhat minimally. Once this new suite is ready for the public, I'll release it here and it'll replace CEE down the line. I hope to make it far more amazing than CEE is, so please bear with me as I work through it all!

Beta: The latest build (0.2.34), including support for all keyboards, mice, and mousepads, idle timer, audio/silence profile switching, and much more, can be downloaded here: http://emily-maxwell.com/?path=cee

Supported Effects
Whole-device lighting
Spectrograph
Random lighting
Swipe/visor effect
CPU Usage bar and graph
Reactive lighting

Supported Colour Effects - You can colour all of the above effects using these colouring effects.
Solid
Breathe
Spectrum Cycle
Two- to five-step Gradient
Rainbow
Defined Rows
CPU Usage
GPU Usage
Windows Accent Colour

Requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
- Windows Vista or newer.
- You do not need Virtual Audio Cable or any other sort of virtual devices to use this.

Installation:
Simply download the installer and run it! If you don't have .NET, it'll set that up for you, too. Hopefully.

Please be sure to exit Corsair Utility Engine or switch to a profile with no lighting when using this, as it can cause severe flickering if it's left open with lighting effects at the same time.

Configuration:
In-depth configuration and help is coming with the Beta. If you need help configuring the Spectro, click here.

The BR and KR layouts are still missing some keys. All other layouts are complete.

Thanks to Darth Affe for the .NET SDK Wrapper.
A special thanks to my wonderful fiancée for doing the best QA ever.

Follow me on Twitter!
Send me an email!

Last edited by Elestriel; 06-18-2018 at 02:22 PM.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:01 PM
12stiggy12's PC Specs

Location: None of your business. Although you can find out quite easily. :P
POST ID # = 768053
12stiggy12 Reputation: 10

Thank you so much i have been trying to get this to work for ages with the k70 version source code. It would recognise my keyboard but would then just lock it up for ages. Thanks again you are a life saver.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:36 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768075

I'm happy it works for you! :)

Old 03-23-2015, 03:12 PM
12stiggy12's PC Specs

Location: None of your business. Although you can find out quite easily. :P
POST ID # = 768084
12stiggy12 Reputation: 10

One problem though. I'm using stereo mix to get sound from my pc to the keyboard and it has a big delay. Do you know what else i could use to get the sound to the keyboard without the delay?

Old 03-23-2015, 03:32 PM

POST ID # = 768089
Twa200 Reputation: 10
Default Help

Hey, im not so familiar with coding but this "program" you made sound's cool and intresting how do i get it to work? i have scandinavian layout. I've tried to just open it and it sayd succsecsfull and the backround rainbows started but when i put on music nothing happens, i've tryed to play the music on other devices but nothing seems to work. ;)

Old 03-23-2015, 04:00 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768095

I'm using VB-Audio, which you can get here: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

Basically, it will create a new output and a new input audio device. What you'll need to do is to set the VBAudio output device as default, then set the VBAudio input device as default as well. Then, you open up the properties of the VBAudio input device, and select "Listen to this device" on the "Listen" tab. Choose your usual speakers under "Playback through this device", and you'll hear everything as before!

The program has to use an input device to pick up the audio. This could also be your webcam or microphone, or even your electric guitar if you plug it into your computer.

Hopefully that explains it. If not, I'll try to create a step-by-step guide with screenshots tomorrow!

Twa200, does the rainbow look right with the Scandinavian layout? Is there anything out of place?

12stiggy12, my delay looks like less than 50ms. I haven't timed it exactly, but it responds very quickly, using VBAudio. :)

Old 03-23-2015, 04:07 PM

POST ID # = 768098

Thanks for answering so quickly :) Theres just two buttons that doesent work ( < and ' ) button. Sorry for bad picture, but hopefully youll se what keys are "missing"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f9362d9488e3e092db49f5fbad56c4d7.jpg (97.0 KB, 12418 views)

Old 03-23-2015, 04:31 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768102

Looks like I'm going to have to consider other layouts with my app... I can't work on it more today, but perhaps tomorrow you and I could collaborate a bit and try to work out which key codes those are. I'll make a new set of matrices for that layout and allow them to be swapped out. Once I have the GUI in place, it'll be a lot easier.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 768119

Credited you in the description

Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM
nemoo88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768143
nemoo88 Reputation: 10

i start the program and the keyboard is showing the rainbow and button > and * is other colour. and it wont vu to any sound. do i need to change something to get the sound to the keyboard?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:07 PM

POST ID # = 768171
kmgtt24 Reputation: 10

Oooooh nice one Elestriel. :) I'll be downloading it later when i get home and test it. :D

Old 03-24-2015, 08:16 AM

POST ID # = 768216

Hmm. Can't seem to make it run on my PC even if I ran it in Admin Mode. :D

Please do help Elestriel :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg top1_1.jpg (89.4 KB, 4225 views)

Old 03-24-2015, 09:17 AM
QuadraKev's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768226
QuadraKev Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
Hi everyone! As some of you have been following in another thread, I've been working on modifying the K70 spectrograph to fit the K95.

I've finished my initial release, and it can be found here:
https://github.com/Elestriel/K95--RGB---KeyboardAudio

You can also download a .zip archive of the build and run it without needing to go through building it yourself, here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd8dtxn7rc...Audio.zip?dl=0

Please note that you must exit Corsair Utility Engine before you launch this, otherwise it won't be able to grab control of the keyboard.

Let's try to keep any issues or questions concerning this to this thread, so that it's easier for us all to keep track of what's going on!

I'm now going to start building a GUI so that on-the-fly changes can be made and a graphical spectrograph can be seen as well. For now, I've disabled the console ASCII one because it's kind of annoying, and it uses up more CPU power than is really needed. It's the keyboard we're interested in!

I'm also considering implementing the K70 into my GUI, so that the same software can be used for both keyboards.
A K70 version would be great! Your version seems smoother than the original one.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:11 AM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 768230

kmgtt24, you need to download and install OpenAL.

http://www.openal.org/creative-installers/oalinst.zip

Old 03-24-2015, 11:20 AM

POST ID # = 768248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
kmgtt24, you need to download and install OpenAL.

http://www.openal.org/creative-installers/oalinst.zip
ooooh. I installed Openal32. -.- Thanks for the quick response. It works great btw. :) a BIG THANK YOU to you. :D

Edit: I think the > and * Key are fixed too. :) more power. :)

Tags
k70 vu meter, k95 rgb, music, spectrograph, visualizer