Corsair Community

Cannot install win7 on SSD

rodo20

Hardware: Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 - Corsair Force Series 3 180gb

Im trying to install win7 but im gettin this message everytime:

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are avialable and restart the installation. Error Code: 0x80070015

Help will be apreciate

pd: sorry for bad English

At first the BIOS didnt recognize the disk on SATA3, after several attempts i decided to put it on SATA2 and install win7 but when i was at 50% an error appeared and cancelled the process. I updated my BIOS firmware and the SSD´s but the problem was still there, the disk was not recognized on SATA3.

After clearin CMOS and formattin with parted magic the disk was recognized and i could install without problems until the updates and BSOD began, after that BIOS wouldnt recognize it again...can it be a compatibility problem between mobo/ssd? what would you recommend me to do?

Reset the BIOS via the jumpers on the motherboard or by removing the battery.

Tried a new SATA data cable?

Tried a different SATA power cable?

Latest Drivers?

What is the BSOD error code?

It could be a faulty SSD or a compatibility issue.

I'm having a similar issue. I am installing a Force 3 60GB on Win 7 Home Premium 64. If I install as IDE then the install complete successfully. If I setup as AHCI, then the install hangs on the first reboot while loading disk.sys.

I've tried different SATA cables, power cables, and I cannot get any driver to load in the "Load Driver" interface of the install.

Hey guys, I'm a new forum user. Try clicking refresh a couple times at the install screen if your drive isn't listed... I was having similar issue with my new SSD on my MSI board which only supports native SATA II. I had clicked refresh once. While I was reading your thread, I went back to my computer and clicked "refresh" again at the install screen, and my drive then showed up!:biggrin:

I'm currently installing, will update if I have any other suggestions.

I had a heck of a time installing Win 7 on a fresh pair of Corsair Performance Pros in RAID 0, installing from a USB key. Windows kept asking for CD and storage drivers that apparently were not on the USB key (though they were).

The solution was to keep switching the USB key back and forth from different USB ports on different controllers. Sometimes I ended up having to restart the installation process, but it eventually worked.

Then I had and error with Windows telling me it could not be installed on my RAID 0 array. Switching the USB key to a different port fixed this too. Go figure.

Suggestion: Even though my drive was detected by pressing "refresh", it still would not install Windows 7 64-bit.

Agreeing with the post above, I had to install the SATA/AHCI drivers by downloading them from the motherboard's website and making the floppy disk and loading them when Win7 asks for them. Then, Windows installed.

The funny thing is, I was ignoring this option the whole time because I thought Windows 7 should automatically detect the disk without me having to load the SATA driver. I thought it would work better this way, but I guess not.

Might have something to do with the SATA II controller negotiating with the Corsair Force GT 180 SATA III SSD.

Archived