Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro Detected RGB strips not working

MVander

I have completed my build that included a Corsair Hydro Series H115i PRO RGB Liquid CPU Cooler and Corsair LED Lighting Node Pro (4 LED strips). The whole build is functioning perfectly except for the LED strips. They will not light up at all and haven't since I first booted. The CPU block and the LNP are both detected by the iCue software and I can configure the lighting. The CPU block responds as expected but nothing from the RGB strips. I have a Z390 Aorus Ultra mother board and an Evga G3 650 watt power supply.

I have attempted the following:

1. connect the LNP directly to a different external USB port
  2. plug the LNP in to different SATA power plugs
  3. plug a single LED strip directly into the port 1 on the LNP
  4. plug a single LED strip directly into the port 2 on the LNP
  5. plug a single LED strip directly into each port on the LNP
  6. plugged chained strips to an extension cable
  7. unplugged the usb and sata power from the LNP and used a paper clip to hold the reset button
  8. updated firmware on both LNP and the H115i
  9. downloaded most up to date iCue software.

When I connect the USB windows responds with its new hardware detected tone. I am not getting any response from the strips.

I don't have a volt meter so I have not attempted to check the actual voltage coming out of the LNP. If necessary I will try to get one today but I wanted to post here to see if anyone has anything else that I missed that I should try.

Thanks for your help.

It sounds like you've done everything. The only thing is to reiterated that you configure the channel for the strips but it seems that you did that. I'm assuming that the strips showed up in iCUE and you saw animation of the effects on them? Did you try instant lighting?

Thanks for your quick reply. I am able to configure the strips in iCue and I see the animation on screen just nothing from the strips. I have tried various software configurations with iCue including instant lighting and nothing seems to respond on the strips. The software looks like it functioning as I would expect. I think I am going to have to go out and get a volt meter to see if the node is actually outputting any current. I am starting to think maybe the node itself may be defective.

• 2 weeks later...
In case anyone stumbles across this thread looking for answers, I ended up returning the LNP to the store and just picked up a 12V LED strip that I connected to my motherboard. The lights aren't nearly as good as the Corsair strips but they were significantly cheaper. I may try the corsair lights again in future but for now I am going with this setup.

Archived