Corsair Community

If Only the Scimitar Pro RGB Had...

20 programmable buttons.

I'm a huge fan of Corsair. I currently have a Corsair case, fans, cooler, RAM, headset and mousepad. I plan to add a K70 RGB MK.2 with Cherry MX Blue to that list, but I'd like to add a Corsair mouse as well.

Currently, I use the Logitech G600 MMO. I was in an accident in my choldhood that left me with impeded mobility in my left hand compared to my right, so I bind a lot of buttons to the 20 programmable buttons on this mouse.

Among my favorite are the scroll wheel buttons. Push it down, tilt it to the right, or tilt it to the left; those are all buttons, giving it a total of 20. From what I can tell, the Scimitar Pro only has 17, because the scroll wheel can tilt to the right, but not to the left, and can't be pushed down.

Anyone else with me on this? If anyone from Corsair sees this, can you talk to the Product Development Team and see if we can make a new version of the Scimitar Pro RGB with 20 programmable buttons like the Logitech G600 MMO? :D:

I luhh you, Corsair. :loveeyes:

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for your feedback! I can agree with you it is nice to have the left and right on the middle click having used a G600 MMO once before...It's something we've even brought up in house already but I'm always willing to let them know when people also ask for or show interest for certain designs and features.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks for your feedback! I can agree with you it is nice to have the left and right on the middle click having used a G600 MMO once before...It's something we've even brought up in house already but I'm always willing to let them know when people also ask for or show interest for certain designs and features.

I just joined this forum specifically to comment on this post.

I run a business and I'm outfitting my 10 offices with gaming keyboards and mouses in the hopes the macro utilities will increase productivity. I am considering the Scimitar Pro and the K95 Platinum due to my experience with similar products from other brands. While the pricing is far more competitive and the software seems to be more user friendly, the lack of a 3 function mouse wheel is posing a very large hurdle. In my experience, the right and left mouse wheel click are among the most used functions I use, both in gaming and in business.

I just thought you might like the input of someone who is looking for this kind of equipment for other than gaming purposes. I've found my mouse and keyboard setup, which is very similar to your equipment mentioned previously, has dramatically increased my productivity in numerous areas by using the macros.

Finally, in my opinion, this kind of equipment could easily, and very successfully, be modified to be marketed to businesses as tools to increase productivity. I know how much it's helped me in my business and can't imagine other business owners wouldn't think the same if it was marketed correctly.

Edited by VaporWatch

• 2 weeks later...
Necroing a bit.

The lack of left/right on the mouse wheel is the only reason I haven't replaced my Naga with a Scimitar.

I've just registered just to say this as well. For years now (literally 3-4 years) I've known about Logitech G600, Razer Naga and the Scimitar. Ever since then I've been waiting for Scimitar to get this basic (IMO functionality). So disappointed to not see it in the pro version.

I hate my nagas, because they break all the time and G600 is not as comfortable for me personally, although I've used them both.

So now for years I've been I would love to buy a Scimitar, but I can't do that without mouse tilt to the left and right and with middle click available as well. I just won't compromise on it. Please bring it in and I would be more than happy to buy several Scimitars for me and my family.

• 2 weeks later...

I too signed up just to add that I am also on the G600 atm. Love Corsair but this mouse has to have the left and right wheel clicks and the third button for me to even think about switching.

Gone through 2 naga's (double click issue) and two of the earlier g600's (also double click issue). Currently on the updated g600.

P.S. Your ****ing aluminium mouse pads rock!

• 2 months later...
Necroing a bit.

The lack of left/right on the mouse wheel is the only reason I haven't replaced my Naga with a Scimitar.

I was literally about to order a Scimitar on Amazon before noticing the top Q&A was about exactly this. Incredibly bummed I can't unify my IO under iCue and have to remain a customer of Synapse2 with my Naga2014 :( :( :(

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought the scimitar elite, based on my amazing experience with your keyboards in the past, as well as the elgato streamdeck.

In the MMO mice, yours was the one that stood out for it's sensor, and my g600 started breaking and double clicking randomly.

So I upgraded, not having fully done my research.

I knew the g-shift was missing, and was ok with it, as I had never mastered all 12 buttons anyway.

But I was shocked to learn that the tilt scroll was missing.

Tilting the scroll has been my Primary method of navigating back and forth in browsers, and binding them to radial menu's is great for games that have them.

Every time I read anything online I miss them.

I've had to relearn how to play Sea of Thieves (and other games) because of the difference in key bindings.

Yes having 12 buttons on the side is great, but what's better is having them in easy to remember positions. However, other mice simply don't have enough of them in memorable positions for MMOs. Tilting the scroll wheel is GREAT muscle memory that can't be discounted.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say that I too joined the forum to request that we get a version of the scimitar with a tilt/click mousewheel to give us a corsair alternative to the arguably great g600.

The lack of this feature is the one reason I haven't bought a Corsair MMO mouse yet!

Please and thank you :)

• 1 month later...

Wanted to also add that the lack of a "tilt scroll wheel" is a dealbreaker for me.

Was just looking at your SCIMTAR Pro RGB mouse (for WoW)....and yup, no tilt scroll wheel, so no purchase.

I honestly don't know why ANY mouse lacks this feature, but it's especially incredible for gaming!

• 5 months later...

I would like to add my vote to the rest of the people who posted on this thread and say that if Corsair's 12-side-buttons mouse had a tilting mouse wheel, at least to the right, on top of the mouse-wheel click, but ideally tilting in both directions, of course, I would've bought it today immediately because I've tried two similar products from the two other major competitors but things eventually didn't work out with them for different reasons. I was forced to buy the same product from a competitor again today because I know that I'll probably be left for weeks without a 12-side-buttons mouse once I send the one I have to be replaced or repaired. And instead, I would've really liked to try a third similar mouse from a reputable company like Corsair; maybe that time it would've lasted more than 1 to 3 years. However, no tilting mouse wheel -- at least to the right -- on top of the mouse-wheel click is a deal-breaker for me, unfortunately. The mouse-wheel tilt is superior to the mouse-wheel click in almost every way: ease, speed, and dependability (you may occasionally scroll the wheel by mistake during hectic moments when your intention was to click it and this simply never happens when tilting the mouse wheel to the right).

In conclusion, I really hope that Corsair considers adding this feature to their MMO or 12-side-buttons mouse because this is what I've been used to for maybe 7 years now and the tilt is superior to the click here as I mentioned.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

Umm here we are years later and I am still waiting for a new  scimitar with the left and right tilt buttons on the middle mouse clicker/scroller. Come on corsair do you want my money or not? I need something new, something fresh. Help us please.