Corsair Community

Corsair H80i GT sounds like a refridgerator

Auxilare

The pump sounds like an old refridgerator with its cliky, humming sound.. with a lack of words to better describe it.

I disconnected all fans, and everything else that could have made a noise,

only to confirm what I allready knew.. Its just the pump making the sound.

(fans are quiet quiet).

Dosent matter if I run fans at low or high speed. (or the pump for that matter).

The noise level is constant.

A short video: [ame=http://youtu.be/aw4SBG1y3FM]http://youtu.be/aw4SBG1y3FM[/ame]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same problem I am having, also H80i GT; the pump rattles no matter if it is in regular or performance mode. Mine is installed onto a 290X along with the Corsair HG10 bracket; temps are super OK, but this rattling noise makes me mad.

Changing pumpspeed, dosent effect it. The noise dosen't go faster, or slower, or higher or lower. But the system DO work. Its cooling my system quite well.

Never goes over 65 degrees running torture tests.. (Not an overclocked system). Idle pretty much follow room temperature.

I can confirm that I have removed the cooler from the card, removed the fans from the Y connector and started up the cooler this way, only to find the pump rattle; tried also to change the pump in different positions with it uninstalled, but this does not seem to make a difference.

The original posters video is obviously making it sound louder than it really is, but I can confirm my H80i GT does have a constant annoying hum to it. I don't think its faulty, as it actually cools great, but I submitted a ticket about this, as it would appear that at least with the current firmware and latest Corsair link that changing the pump from Performance to Quiet makes no difference in sound or temperature, so there must be an issue with the firmware and/or Corsair link. You should be able to tell the difference between the modes.

And as to Dustin's idea, I can confirm at least on my system I have already disabled all fan control from the BIOS so that wouldn't be causing any conflicts.

ugh, mine sounds like an actual fridge. i cant stand it. my H55 was as quiet as a mouse!

Also, when i was installing the unit, i heard the water sloshing around inside the radiator. that's the first time i've heard that in a closed loop watercooling unit.

*edit*

heres a video of it, the fans affect the gain on the mic, so it seems quieter.

[ame=https://youtu.be/WFfQ_bKcayA]Video[/ame]

ugh, mine sounds like an actual fridge. i cant stand it. my H55 was as quiet as a mouse!

Also, when i was installing the unit, i heard the water sloshing around inside the radiator. that's the first time i've heard that in a closed loop watercooling unit.

*edit*

heres a video of it, the fans affect the gain on the mic, so it seems quieter.

Video

all closed loop units have a certain amount of air to give space for water expanding.

The pump sounds like an old refridgerator with its cliky, humming sound.. with a lack of words to better describe it.

I disconnected all fans, and everything else that could have made a noise,

only to confirm what I allready knew.. Its just the pump making the sound.

(fans are quiet quiet).

Dosent matter if I run fans at low or high speed. (or the pump for that matter).

The noise level is constant.

A short video: http://youtu.be/aw4SBG1y3FM

I have exactly the same noise from my new H80i GT.

Corsair, are you serious? :bigeyes:

Well, I decided to return my H80i GT. Went with a Cooler Master Hyper 612 V2 and getting pretty much the same cooling performance minus any pump noise and a single SP120mm Quiet Edition fan. Also saved $40.

While i and most likely many others are happy for you, that doesn't help with solving the problem now does it? ;)

• Corsair Employee

We do, actually. None of the products we tested and validated prior to release had this problem. But suddenly we're seeing it in the wild so we're trying to track down the cause and trying to get units that have the problem in house.

What you're not seeing is the very active e-mail chain going between my department, engineering, and validations.

To give us the lot code you may have to remove your radiator. You can also request an advance RMA. We'll send you a replacement while your noisy unit will be brought in for testing.

We do, actually. None of the products we tested and validated prior to release had this problem. But suddenly we're seeing it in the wild so we're trying to track down the cause and trying to get units that have the problem in house.

What you're not seeing is the very active e-mail chain going between my department, engineering, and validations.

To give us the lot code you may have to remove your radiator. You can also request an advance RMA. We'll send you a replacement while your noisy unit will be brought in for testing.

I received the H80i GT from an RMA I submitted for a defective H80i (no GT).

I received a unit that is more bugged than the unit I had before.

What should I do now?

Should I ask for another RMA?

I have just bought one of these H80i GT units today. Installed it as per instructions and the pump has a continues grinding/humming sound. It's so loud I can't stand to be in the computer room with it on.

I'm wondering if I can take it back to the shop I bought it from and exchange it for another one or do I have to go through the RMA procedure here ?

I'm going to uninstall this now as I can't work on my system with this noise !!

Archived