Corsair Community

Need help connecting H150i Pro RGB with LL120 fans and LL140

kaizen4k

Hello,

I have H150i PRO RGB which I installed just fine. Recently, I bought LL120 Triple Pack and LL140 Single pack. I tried installing and noticed that my motherboard only has one USB 2.0 header, which is occupied by the CPU Cooler pump. Now I can't seem to find other solution other than ordering a USB hub.

I also thought about unplugging the pump usb and connect the lightning node USB to the motherboard. I think I will lose the pump RGB control this way?

I saw a diagram that was posted by one of the admins but there wasn't a diagram that matches my scenario.

Any tips and suggestions?

You would lose control of the pump.

You have several options ...

1) standard mini USB like Zotty said. This is the simplest solution.

2) Internal USB hub

3) You can get single USB port extension cables and run both the pump and the LNP to the same header - each one actually only uses 1 port but takes over a full, 2 port header. I'm actually doing this on my system with my pump and HX1200i.

Thank you very much for all the valuable tips and help. I greatly appreciate it. Have a great day both of you :) I have ordered an internal hub. However, in the meantime, I will try the usb port to rear IO solution.

Archived