Corsair Community

Game stutter - sometimes - RAM?

Daniel256512

Hi guys,

I am still receiving a micro stutter in every game that I play. It wasn’t happening yesterday but it did happen the day before that which I solved by switching my RAM to auto and then back to XMP again.

I have XMP profile 1 enabled on my RAM, but now it’s happening again??

It isn’t consistent which is what is confusing? RAM is at 1.35V which was set by XMP. Tried a stress test on aida64 which says the voltage is at 1.2, so confused?

https://m.imgur.com/a/2srcN7z

Frame rate is 200 on ultra on bf4 and drops when the stutter occurs.

Mobo - Maximus XI Hero

CPU - 9700k

RAM - Corsair vengeance RGB 3000mhz

GPU - RTX 2070

PSU - HX850i platinum

Case - Corsair 570x

Cooler - Corsair h150i

I am using latest BIOS and nvidia driver, although this motherboard just came out as well as the GPU.

May be related - I’m using pre-applied thermal paste - CPU temps jump from 10 degrees when I open chrome and then go back down to 30 in seconds

• Corsair Employee

Hello Daniel256512,

Are you having issues in just BF4? Just to clarify, with the memory set to auto (2133mhz) you don't' have any stutter issues? Have you tried running a memtest? Preferably one based outside of Windows that would run as a bootable drive.

Hello Daniel256512,

Are you having issues in just BF4? Just to clarify, with the memory set to auto (2133mhz) you don't' have any stutter issues? Have you tried running a memtest? Preferably one based outside of Windows that would run as a bootable drive.

Hi Rick,

Nope it’s all games, but some worse than others and it happens sometimes and then stays until reboot (which resolves it sometimes , so it’s hard to pinpoint.

Seen it in GTA5, BF4 and BO4, but I know BO4 has its own issues .

I’ll try running a bootable memtest and post the results.

Hello Daniel256512,

Just came home and tried again, BF4 was stuttering at almost the exact same time. Just to confirm, I loaded up GTA5 and it was at 100FPS and was also stuttering and then my screen went white for a couple of seconds and the computer restarted and the stutter was gone. I'm so confused...

Have memtest86 running now

I got the exactly same problem as you !! In all games time to time stutter

Ran a memtest, everything was all good! 4 passes and 0 errors after 3 hours with Corsair Vengeance RGB and XMP 1 enabled. Gonna assume it’s safe to rule out memory now.

Experienced one white screen and a restart and another random restart and my monitor saying no signal!

Will swap out my RTX 2070 for my old GTX 770 to test

Mate Is mine second motherboard (first i had asus x470 pro now i got Msi x470 gaming pro) also second graphic card (previously Msi Gtx 1060 gaming X now zotac amp extreme 1070 ti) i thought that Is mine procesor ryzen 2600x but after your post with intel i7 i am gonna give a chance AMD and i have ordered G.skill trend z rgb 3200mhz cl16 for a try , if the microstutter presist it will be obvious thats ryzen botttleneck my other components or maybe corsair sucks i am gonna post on friday the resoults ! I didnt add that i got the same ram as you ofc

Archived