Corsair Community

LL140 fans not responding with Link

Dracillia

Hello!

Hoping someone could help me out here, i am at my wits end!

I just bought the two pack of the new LL140 fans, comes with the lighting node pro and the hub.

Plugged everything in, exactly right.

Turned on my computer and both fans worked, as did the lights

Installed Corsair Link .

Both fans still spin but the lights for my second fan have stopped working completely and cannot be controlled in Link.

Link also doesn't allow me control the fans in any way, speed etc. It's like they aren't registering.

I noticed an update for the lightning node pro, during the update the lights on my second fan worked briefly but went back to not working once it finished installing. And it appears the firmware update did nothing at all.

I have unplugged everything and plugged it back in.

I have reinstalled Link.

I have reset the firmware on my lighting node pro.

I have absolutely no idea what the issue could be, leaning toward something being faulty perhaps? Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks!

There is an issue using the LL fans with Corsair Link and AIOs, actually

Corsair may want to investigate this further.

No there isn't.. and no they dont lol.... either he had a faulty fan.,... or he had the wrong fans selected in link,,,,

I have those fans..... I have those fans on my aio... for the record. The fans rgb has nothing what's so ever to do with the AIO.

As an example. Plug 8 strips daisy chained into a node pro or commander pro.. all in same channel.. tell link they are 'LL fans and all 8 strips light up... so I feel that Mr bit of wit had it set up wrong....

There is an issue using the LL fans with Corsair Link and AIOs, actually - Bitwit brings it up in his video review of them at 7.08:

Corsair may want to investigate this further.

Interesting but I find it hard to believe. The stock fans have higher airflow and static pressure than the LL fans. His methodology was also, IMHO, flawed. He didn't detail what the fan speeds were (50% on the stock fans spins faster than 50% on the LL fans) and that makes a HUGE difference in the amount of airflow and static pressure. Furthermore, with radiator fans, the key temp isn't the CPU, it's the coolant temperature. There's no information on the coolant temp at all. Finally ... running a test for only 15 minutes doesn't give a water cooled system time to stabilize. While the 45 minute test did, the differences in fan speeds still leaves me questioning the validity and usefulness of this particular review.

• 11 months later...

Hey all, hoping you could help me with a little issue I am having which is similar to this one.

I have a back LL140 fan that is connected to a commander pro. The fan is working and all LED's not only work but respond to different color setups under link. However they are not registering under "fans" (see picture) and can't change the speed. Please see pictures attached

Just for troubleshooting I connected another LL120 I have into that same port of the commander pro (fan 1) and the same behavior is showing.

1202911977_4pinselectionlink.thumb.PNG.e241e9c913f1d76334b9b75689969f27.PNG

919173522_autodetectlink.thumb.PNG.6101d63078d9f9a0438542e84b7ee781.PNG

rainbow.thumb.jpg.117e8742f6565b9b1d6150e3b70904eb.jpg

static.thumb.jpg.f15a96c84f840b5854966091beeefeba.jpg

778329850_comanderprofan1.thumb.jpg.7da50cdf65d61839c1bba64522e92ebc.jpg

hey, very interesting experiment. thank you for suggesting. I changed the fan to the cha_fan_2 in my motherboard. went to bios and there it is and also responding to silent, turbo, manual, extreme modes. Also I opened LINK and it is there. pictures attached.

Seems to be the commander pro? Also plugged in there LL120's and not registering rpm either.

2124566540_chafan2bios.thumb.jpg.acabb40e3f37615c9c06599884789230.jpg

1797408995_chafan2LL140.thumb.PNG.9176ccac0082aa9d026fcc854a21b189.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Dev,

Sorry to bother again

UPDATE from last thread: So I got my commander pro replaced after all that trouble and everything is working fine.

Unfortunately came across another problem when adding strips. I bought the lightning node + 4 strips pack and I am trying to install them. I plugged the node to the commander pro via the usb hub in the CoPo, sata to the node pro and the strips are working and can be color controlled. However now my commander pro disappeared from icue and I tried lots of troubleshooting and can't make it appear again. (note this is my 2nd commander pro)

I tested the USB connections from motherboard - same result

I tested diferent Sata cables - same result

I tried diferent LED Hub's - same result

I tried uninstall icue and delete all user preferences - same result

restart icue service - same result

uninstall icue and try link - same result

remove the node pro completely from the system and strips - same result

if I connect fans and H100v to the commander pro they spin, and since the node is attached to the usb hub in CoPo something tells me it is not power related but something else.

can't make CoPo appear again....

I can connect the LED Hub to the node pro and everything (RGB related) works fine without the CoPo. However I wanted to be able to control temperatures and fan speeds with it..

Questions:

- is commander pro and lightning node incompatible in some way?

- when plugging in lightning pro is it possible that busted CoPo??

- Should I get a 3rd CoPo?

I love this RGB solution from corsair but is giving me so many headaches that makes me wonder if it is worth the money and time. Seems like you fix something and another breaks when you add something to the setup. Quite frustrating.

thank you for your help in advance

Questions:

- is commander pro and lightning node incompatible in some way?

Nope, not incompatible in any way.

- when plugging in lightning pro is it possible that busted CoPo??

Unlikely. I have a NoPro, H115i Platinum and a HX1200i all plugged in to my CoPro.

- Should I get a 3rd CoPo?

uhh... hard to say. But considering that you've had 2 CoPros die, I'm thinking that it may be something else with your system that's potentially killing them.

So ... a couple of questions ... can you check USBDeView to see if your CoPro shows up there?

Is it powered by a straight SATA connection? No splitters, molex to sata adapters, etc? And, btw ... the microcontroller for the CoPro is on one USB port and the USB Hub is on the other. So it's totally plausible that one works and the other doesn't ... if there's an issue with the USB connector/wiring.

I love this RGB solution from corsair but is giving me so many headaches that makes me wonder if it is worth the money and time. Seems like you fix something and another breaks when you add something to the setup. Quite frustrating.

thank you for your help in advance

I totally understand your frustration. The thing is ... not everyone has the same issues. I have a TON of stuff in multiple systems and never had much of an issue. Dunno.

see attached, cant see it there

devices used to show commander pro and now only shows node pro. Seems one replaced the other... can't explain it

is it possible that any USB connected to CoPo is working (h100 + node pro) but the usb itself from the CoPo doesn't? doesn't make any sense. The signal for those 2 to be recognized would go through the CoPo usb itself no?

hitting my head against the wall now....

Update: After that "icue" picture I just clicked restart service on icue and suddenly I have picture "disconnected". odd behaviours

usbdeview.thumb.PNG.fe4c8cc4408e1841b4ac1cbdbecb5ebf.PNG

devices.PNG.41f96773d4f481f9c72aa4bfc7668d4b.PNG

icue.thumb.PNG.16a81c45a72f17104916d94af23bade7.PNG

disconec.thumb.PNG.695917f250e6982ac0b04bae770bc7ae.PNG

Archived