The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2018, 01:08 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944300
donalgodon Reputation: 10
Default Commander Pro and Linux?

Does the Corsair Commander Pro work with Linux?

I have all my fans connected via the Commander Pro and none directly on the motherboard, so what happens when I install Linux?

Old 03-11-2018, 01:35 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944303
DevBiker Reputation: 69

There is no software for Linux.
What will happen is that the CoPro will run whatever is stored in its internal memory. If you have your CoPro configured to use built-in temperature sensors, those fan curves will run. If you have your CoPro configured to use external/software based sensors ... I think (off the top of my head) that they fans will run a full speed. Though ... tbh, I'm not 100% sure about that one.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:51 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944306

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
There is no software for Linux.
What will happen is that the CoPro will run whatever is stored in its internal memory. If you have your CoPro configured to use built-in temperature sensors, those fan curves will run. If you have your CoPro configured to use external/software based sensors ... I think (off the top of my head) that they fans will run a full speed. Though ... tbh, I'm not 100% sure about that one.
I have my system running on a custom curve based around GPU temps, since my CPU cooler is rock solid at keeping temps low. Is the custom fan curve be saved into memory?

I'm not using any of the included sensor strips.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:23 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944311
DevBiker Reputation: 69

A custom curve based on GPU temps requires Link to run.

While I understand where you are coming from with that, I'd suggest using a power curve that's indirectly based off of the GPU temps and is indicative of the issue that you are trying to keep under control ... internal case temperature. Put temp leads above and below the GPU. Use those as your fan curve source. That'll run on the CoPro itself and you'll have the same fan curve in Windows as in Linux.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:40 AM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 944452

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
A custom curve based on GPU temps requires Link to run.

While I understand where you are coming from with that, I'd suggest using a power curve that's indirectly based off of the GPU temps and is indicative of the issue that you are trying to keep under control ... internal case temperature. Put temp leads above and below the GPU. Use those as your fan curve source. That'll run on the CoPro itself and you'll have the same fan curve in Windows as in Linux.
That's a good idea. I'll give it a try (assuming I can find where I stored the leads!)