The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 02:04 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941944
lpcrierie Reputation: 10
Default Latest Update Broke Corsair Link App

So the latest Update to the Corsair Link broke my app. Not only does my profile refuse to load both automatically and manually anymore, but I get a blank app screen, as seen in the picture. The only temporary fix to this is to reboot the system, but it breaks again after I wake from sleep or run a full-screen application.

This is version 4.9.5.25 for the H100i series, on Windows 10.

https://imgur.com/a/RmpwV

Old 02-23-2018, 03:41 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941961
DevBiker Reputation: 83

First, before starting again, can you check to see if the H100i is enabled (see #1 on the Link FAQ linked in my signature).
Second, are you running any other system tools? HWInfo? HWMonitor? AIDA? EVGA Precision XOC?
Finally ... it's extremely helpful if you fill out your system details.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:39 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941979
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcrierie View Post
So the latest Update to the Corsair Link broke my app. Not only does my profile refuse to load both automatically and manually anymore, but I get a blank app screen, as seen in the picture. The only temporary fix to this is to reboot the system, but it breaks again after I wake from sleep or run a full-screen application.

Stop the service. Reopen the app. No need to reboot. Somebody posted a script to help.

Old 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941998

Quote:

Please ... fill out your system info.

Next ... what antivirus are you running? Can you try disabling the antivirus, at least temporarily?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:43 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942072

System info has been filled out.
Disabling anti-virus did not help.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:50 PM
donalgodon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942073
donalgodon Reputation: 10

Quote:
System info has been filled out.
Disabling anti-virus did not help.
Does quitting the service itself in task manager and reopening the app work?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:50 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942075

It looked like you were running Avast. There have been several reported issues with Avast Free Edition (specifically) and its firewall blocking the communication between the Link Service and the Link UI. I'm not entirely certain if just disabling was enough (as opposed to uninstalling) and, since I've not used it, I don't know what the options are for controlling the firewall functionality.

Here's the thing ... and where I think your issue currently is. The Link Service actually communicates with the devices. The Link UI communicates with the Link Service and the Service pushes sensor readings, etc. to the Link UI via SignalR. This requires an open TCP/IP channel between the two. Now, this channel is local-only; you cannot connect to it from outside your computer (so only via localhost) but some firewalls will block it anyway. When this happens, you get nothing at all in the Link UI.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:53 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942077

Also, who is the manufacturer of those NVidia cards? Are they EVGA cards and are you running Precision XOC? I know that this was asked before but I don't recall an answer. Precision XOC also causes issues with Link as it attempts to take over the RGB function on the coolers.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:14 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942110

Stopping the app via task manager and reopening it does not resolve the issue. The only thing that seems to temporarily solve it, is rebooting the computer.
I don't use Precision XOC or any other GPU program. Also, nothing is overclocked.
With all do respect, I don't think Avast is the issue here. I've had Avast for years and I've never had a problem until the latest Corsair Link update was installed.
Also it should be noted that I am using just the free version of Avast, which has the Firewall disabled.

Old 02-24-2018, 11:47 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942116

Quote:
Stopping the app via task manager and reopening it does not resolve the issue. The only thing that seems to temporarily solve it, is rebooting the computer.
I don't use Precision XOC or any other GPU program. Also, nothing is overclocked.
With all do respect, I don't think Avast is the issue here. I've had Avast for years and I've never had a problem until the latest Corsair Link update was installed.
Also it should be noted that I am using just the free version of Avast, which has the Firewall disabled.
And we've had 4 or 5 users since the start of the new year that have had issues resolved by uninstalling Avast and very specifically the free edition. Yeah, it's not supposed to have a firewall. But something that it does prevents this communication link from working.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:38 AM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942119

Right, well then I guess I'm keeping Avast because it's the least intrusive anti-virus program at the moment and I refuse to get another one or run my system without it.
It seems that I will have to not use Corsair Link anymore, at least until the problem resolves itself, if by chance it does.
Thanks for the help anyway.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:14 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942121

Perhaps you should contact Avast and try to get some reason and/or workaround from them as it appears to be something they are doing that's blocking that communication channel.
Other antivirus apps don't do this.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:06 AM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942149
will_s Reputation: 10

its a bloody LINK problem

after update LINK played up and eventually stopped working...removed Corsair Utility Engine and Link worked again

enabled my motherboard RGB via BIOS and LINK worked but didnt display my 115i correctly then it stopped working......disabled RGB in BIOS and it works again

perhaps Corsair can contact AVAST and see if they can figure it out

Old 02-25-2018, 01:00 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942178

I agree with will_s. I'm convinced it's a Link problem as well. An Avast update didn't break it, a Link update did.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:37 PM
lpcrierie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942184

Quote:
Originally Posted by will_s View Post
its a bloody LINK problem

after update LINK played up and eventually stopped working...removed Corsair Utility Engine and Link worked again

enabled my motherboard RGB via BIOS and LINK worked but didnt display my 115i correctly then it stopped working......disabled RGB in BIOS and it works again

perhaps Corsair can contact AVAST and see if they can figure it out
You said you disabled RGB? What does that mean? The LEDs?

Tags
corsair link, patch, update