Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2018, 03:38 PM
momorious's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940789
momorious Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I see that you have an EVGA card. Would you happen to be running Precision XOC?
If so, shut it down and try restarting Link.
XOC is one of the worst tools ever.
So no, I dont have this installed.
Issue came with new link version and was not there with older versions so the issue is unrelated to other running software.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:31 PM
APynckel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940829
APynckel Reputation: 10

Corsair, FIX YOUR SOFTWARE. I am tired of losing control of my fans / pump and having to mess with my drivers to get this thing (H80i v2) to function!

Old 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM

POST ID # = 940840
Hammer of God Reputation: 10
Default Current version bug

There seems to be a bug with this latest update. Link will not properly detect the cooler and loses all settings. All you have is a blank menu as someone posted already. The RGB on the cooler defaults to spectrum cycling. I had to do an uninstall with Revo to get rid of everything. Do a restart and then reinstall the previous version to get things running again. (I also had to reinstall all my settings). Hopefully they will fix this with the next update.... You are listening to these forums tech support? Yes?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:25 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940842
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

So apparently there is a firmware update for the Commander Pro, I assume embedded in this new Link release. Is there any information on the firmware update? What does it add, fix, etc?

Old 02-15-2018, 07:54 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940844
Zotty Reputation: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
So apparently there is a firmware update for the Commander Pro, I assume embedded in this new Link release. Is there any information on the firmware update? What does it add, fix, etc?

Yeah it makes Your cooler run 20c cooler cool and gives You 24 more fps dude ....

I jest.. lol. no idea buddy .. first I have heard of it lol

Old 02-15-2018, 11:48 PM
latcarf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940881
latcarf Reputation: 10

Quote:
When you say "disconnecting and reconnecting", what exactly do you mean? Physically disconnecting the USB connector?

Have you tried going to Device Manager and disabling/enabling the driver? See #1 on the Coolers FAQ in my signature ...

Are you running Precision XOC? If so, that's been a source of MAJOR issues as it tries to take over the cooler. At the least, the RGB sync needs to be disabled. Perhaps more.
Yes, I was physically disconnecting and reconnecting the USB connector.

Your FAQ is great! Thanks for that, Disable/Re-enable of the driver fixed the problem. I did not have EVGA's XOC installed.

Now I just need to figure out how to stop sleep from resetting the LED color. It doesn't go back to normal until after restart and changing it again in the interface doesn't work after waking up from sleep.

Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940882
DevBiker Reputation: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by latcarf View Post
Yes, I was physically disconnecting and reconnecting the USB connector.

Your FAQ is great! Thanks for that, Disable/Re-enable of the driver fixed the problem. I did not have EVGA's XOC installed.

Now I just need to figure out how to stop sleep from resetting the LED color. It doesn't go back to normal until after restart and changing it again in the interface doesn't work after waking up from sleep.
You may sometimes need to do the enable/disable after waking from sleep as well.

You can also write the settings to the device. They will then run in the hardware.

Old 02-16-2018, 11:12 AM

POST ID # = 940942
AureusPhoenix Reputation: 10

I still cannot move Corsair Link to my secondary screen. Moreover, I am still extremely underwhelmed concerning the available customization options for RGB lighting.

1. Allow Channel-effects over multiple input channels. I have 5 LED strips in my case and cannot sync them. Remember to allow reversed lighting effect direction for one of the channels.

2. Offer more adjustability!
2a. On/Off times
2b. Ramping times
2c. Holding times
2d. LED-vise controlled static lighting
2e. Length of Visor-field

3. Implement more effects!
3a. Colorwave and Visor as Channel-effects
3b. Both of the above with a static backlight.

4. Offer blinking LEDs as temperature warning indicator, not just a change in colour.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:07 PM
latcarf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941024
latcarf Reputation: 10

Quote:
You may sometimes need to do the enable/disable after waking from sleep as well.

You can also write the settings to the device. They will then run in the hardware.
OK! Thanks for the tips DevBiker!

Indeed, I was able to copy the settings to the H100i v2 and now LED color survives sleep/wake cycles. For anyone else reading, the setting was accessible from the device after selecting it from the "Devices" menu. It wasn't, as I'd assumed, accessible from LED color setting interface "Copy to..." button.

Corsair makes some adequate hardware but (much like Logitech) they're sorely lacking in software quality.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:06 PM
huppra's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941041
huppra Reputation: 10

Still unable to move corsair link to a top monitor w/this multi monitor configuration.

4k Top Monitor
3440x1440 UW lower.

Old 02-18-2018, 05:26 PM
Corsario63's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941227
Corsario63 Reputation: 10
Send a message via MSN to Corsario63

Quote:
· CPUs with more than 16 cores will not report all cores. This is a limitation of Corsair LINK being a 32-bit application.
don't you thinks that will be the time to port the app to 64-bit and forget about obsolete 32-bit??

another thing in my three computer with different model of water cooling systems and PSUs I was only able to install via upgrade in the AMD Ryzen.
in Intel i7 and AMD APU as usual I got upgrade failed , installation corrupted and had to uninstall , reboot and install new version.
all of them with windows 10 Pro x64 updated to latest stable build.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:22 AM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941289
will_s Reputation: 10

ok..have the RGB 115i cooler and have it set to monitor my temps with different colours so by looking at PC I know what the temp range is.........since last link update its not workings, it just cycles through different colours

Old 02-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Donster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941375
Donster Reputation: 10

Where can I get the previous version of Link4? The v4.9.5.25 does not work for me either. The app background only. When gaming, GPU fans do not increase in speed. Have encountered problems while playing a game after a period of time, which must be related to the fans not increasing in speed, hence the GPU is getting hot.

Come on and get this fixed, or at least let up revert back to the last version via update.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:16 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941377
DevBiker Reputation: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
Where can I get the previous version of Link4? The v4.9.5.25 does not work for me either. The app background only. When gaming, GPU fans do not increase in speed. Have encountered problems while playing a game after a period of time, which must be related to the fans not increasing in speed, hence the GPU is getting hot.

Come on and get this fixed, or at least let up revert back to the last version via update.
Link doesn't control GPU fan speeds. It never has. It only monitors them (read-only).

Previous versions are available from http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads.

Old 02-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Donster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 941384
Donster Reputation: 10

Thanks for the info and correction DevBiker. I wonder what is controlling the fan speeds on my EVGA card? Must be built into it to increase the fans as the temp increases. I am not using EVGA Precision XOC software.

Closed Thread