Corsair Community

Commander Pro just disappear suddenly!

xrb936

Hi,

Last week I post a problem with my LL fans and Commander Pro, and then I chose to request a RMA.

Today I just received the replacement, everything works fine. However, just after few hours, when I restarted my PC, I cannot find it in Corsair Link! However for every fan and strip are still running and lightning, I just cannot change the settings.

I tried to reset the commander pro by push the reset button and replug the SATA power, the light on CLCP didn't flash, and my PC still cannot recognize it.

Is there anyone who can help me with this kind of issue? I am totally confused by CLCP now!

What motherboard do you have?

Can you check to see if Windows "sees" the Commander Pro? It'll be listed under "Human Interface Devices" as a "USB Input Device". You'll have to look at the properties of the device for a Hardware ID of "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C10".

(It really would be nice if Corsair labelled the devices in the driver ... maybe I'll put together a tool that sets the "Friendly Names" so they are easier to find.)

What motherboard do you have?

Can you check to see if Windows "sees" the Commander Pro? It'll be listed under "Human Interface Devices" as a "USB Input Device". You'll have to look at the properties of the device for a Hardware ID of "USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C10".

(It really would be nice if Corsair labelled the devices in the driver ... maybe I'll put together a tool that sets the "Friendly Names" so they are easier to find.)

I am using Rampage VI Extreme.

There is no device there with that ID...

OK.

1) Can you verify the power connection? Are you using a SATA connection straight from the PSU or a molex-to-SATA adapter? Yes, it makes a difference.

2) Can you plug it into a different USB port? If you don't have an internal, can you use a mini-USB cable and plug it into a USB port on the back (yes, it's jury-rigging it but we're trying to eliminate issues).

I know, too, that there have been some challenges with the AsMedia USB ports that are common used on the AMD boards that I've seen posted on here. I don't know all of the details but I know it's something that Corsair Dustin has been looking at. I'm not saying that this is the case ... but you might want to search for some of the other posts related to that.

OK.

1) Can you verify the power connection? Are you using a SATA connection straight from the PSU or a molex-to-SATA adapter? Yes, it makes a difference.

2) Can you plug it into a different USB port? If you don't have an internal, can you use a mini-USB cable and plug it into a USB port on the back (yes, it's jury-rigging it but we're trying to eliminate issues).

I know, too, that there have been some challenges with the AsMedia USB ports that are common used on the AMD boards that I've seen posted on here. I don't know all of the details but I know it's something that Corsair Dustin has been looking at. I'm not saying that this is the case ... but you might want to search for some of the other posts related to that.

I am using sata power and it works. But I don't have a mini-usb cable....

• 3 months later...
Exit Link, then kill the "Link Service 32 bit" in the task manager. Wait a few seconds and re-launch Link. The disappearing C-Pro things happens to me intermittently and not as often as the "blank Link window", but both seem to be related to the Link service's inability to close and launch. Aura can also cause this, but I have no idea what your hardware is or any other possible sources.

Archived