Corsair Community

How to connect more than 6 fans on corsair Link

Ekyona

Hello first time poster here.

Here is what I’m trying to do. I currently have 6 HD 120 RGB fans connected to the compounder pro along with the node that connects the rgb lights. I need to connect 1-2 more hd 120 rgb fans. How can I accomplish this? Do i have to buy another commander pro? Anyone else run into this situation?

Edited by Ekyona

You would need another RGB Fan Controller Hub (http://www.corsair.com/en-us/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub). Since it looks like both of your Commander Pro RGB channels are also connected (to the RGB lights?), you'd also need another Lighting Node Pro or you could use the push-button controller that comes in the HD fan multi-packs. AFAIK, the Lighting Node Pro is not available separately.

If you plan on controlling the fans from the Commander Pro, you'd also need some splitters.

If I understand your current setup and what you want to do correctly, it would look something like the following (new items highlighted) ... with the new LNP possibly replaced by the push-button controller:

Drawing928762-1.png?psid=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Just a little tip..when you are connecting fans via a splitter cable to the commander Pro always use identical fans in that splitter otherwise the commander pro may get confused and report and not control fan speed correctly oh and also don't exceed more than 4.5 amps in total for all the fans connected to the commander Pro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...