The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-06-2018, 12:15 PM
vegaspimp22 vegaspimp22 is offline
Registered User
vegaspimp22's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 943660
vegaspimp22 Reputation: 10
Default Do LED extension cables count as LED strip?

1.)Do the corsair RGB LED extension cables count as a qty when determining the number of strips allowed when connecting to a node pro, (4 strips allowed per channel), so is a extension counted as 1 of the 4 allowed?

2.) Is there a max number of extensions allowed? I dont need 20 of them, lol, but I may need 4 or so in a chain to reach the other side of my build, and Im hoping it doesnt count in my 4 max limit.

3.) IF you cant buy other companies extensions, why dont they sell them by themselves, especially if you already have enough LEDs, and the extenstion kit is expensive.....
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 03-06-2018, 01:16 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,658
POST ID # = 943671
DevBiker Reputation: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp22 View Post
1.)Do the corsair RGB LED extension cables count as a qty when determining the number of strips allowed when connecting to a node pro, (4 strips allowed per channel), so is a extension counted as 1 of the 4 allowed?
No, they don't count as a strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp22 View Post
2.) Is there a max number of extensions allowed? I dont need 20 of them, lol, but I may need 4 or so in a chain to reach the other side of my build, and Im hoping it doesnt count in my 4 max limit.
Hmmm ... dunno. I would assume that there is but it should be pretty high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp22 View Post
3.) IF you cant buy other companies extensions, why dont they sell them by themselves, especially if you already have enough LEDs, and the extenstion kit is expensive.....
Take a look at the link in my signature to make your own extension cables. Now, it focuses on the fans but the same process (with the 3 pin headers specified in the post) will work for the strips.
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:14 PM
vegaspimp22 vegaspimp22 is offline
Registered User
vegaspimp22's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
POST ID # = 943868
vegaspimp22 Reputation: 10
Default

holy moly batman that looks complicated. i dont have a electrical degree from harvard over here. lol, but thanks so much for taking the time to respond!!!
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:22 PM
DevBiker's Avatar
DevBiker DevBiker is offline
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 3,658
POST ID # = 943869
DevBiker Reputation: 69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp22 View Post
holy moly batman that looks complicated. i dont have a electrical degree from harvard over here. lol, but thanks so much for taking the time to respond!!!
Nah, it's really not that bad. I don't have an EE degree either ... was an English Lit major once upon a long time ago. BUT ... I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night so there's that ...
__________________
Please click "Edit System Specs" and fill out your system info.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 03-07-2018, 04:35 PM
Zotty's Avatar
Zotty Zotty is offline
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: South Staffordshire, England, UK
Posts: 1,554
POST ID # = 943870
Zotty Reputation: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp22 View Post
2.) Is there a max number of extensions allowed?
I can confirm it works fine with more than 4.. in fact i can confirm it works with 8.. and if you really want to push the point i still have another 16 i could add in?? lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Take a look at the link in my signature to make your own extension cables. Now, it focuses on the fans but the same process (with the 3 pin headers specified in the post) will work for the strips.
But this is the best option.. custom length.. much tidier and options of multiple ext's in one cable... it's the future
__________________
No. NO!.. I Do NOT Work for Corsair. Just a User that's here in his own time that's trying to help YOU!

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 03-14-2018, 09:36 AM
Whisky Lima's Avatar
Whisky Lima Whisky Lima is offline
Gaming Geek - Beta Team
Whisky Lima's PC Specs
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 131
POST ID # = 944780
Whisky Lima Reputation: 13
Default

Yeah I have made a few extensions for the LNP LED strips in my time and I think my longest is about 2m long with 2 led strips on the end of it, didn't seem to have an issue with that but there will be a limit on the distance the current can be sent down the cable. I know its not the same but a USB cable is limited to a maximum length of 3m - 5m depending on the type or port so I would think this would be similar being that they share the same voltages. In other words, go crazy you will probably be fine!
__________________
==================
| Get your Game Face on! |
==================
Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
extension, led lighting kit, node pro, rgb lighting

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.