Corsair Community

RGB profiles constantly reset k95 Platinum

gdawgy

I bought the K95 Platinum RGB. I have no issues with it other than the fact that the profile and on/off button for the RGB seems to not work.

For instance, right now my keyboard will only do the RGB ripple. I have three profiles saved to the hardware, all of them are non ripple. However, pressing the profile button does not change the profile to any of the three saved on the keyboard. When I press the profile button I do get a ripple effect from it, so the key is working. The on/off button also works when I'm in windows, but a lot of the time when I go into a game it won't turn the lights on or off. But pressing it does still produce the ripple effect.

I'm sure I'm just a noob, but this is pretty hard for me to figure out.

All drivers on the computer are up to date as of three days ago. The keyboard is plugged into usb 3.0 for the keyboard and 2.0 for the pass through. The buttons seemed to work when I first got it. The screw up seemed to happen when I first started messing with the profiles. Please help.

I am not quite sure I follow what you are trying to do. However, one thing to know is the when CUE is open, it will follow software profiles first if there are any available -- including the empty shell and unnecessary "default". If you exit CUE, the profile switch should shuffle between your 3 saved profiles. If wasn't your intent to operate without CUE, you can replicate or create new profiles saved to the software with its extra tools. The profile button will shift between those or link automatically through the program trigger.

I updated to iCUE. It asked me some questions at startup and I hit "save" for each question. Problem was still present. Then I saw that the "default" profile was at the top. I deleted the default profile and another profile, leaving the 3 profiles that are installed on the hardware. Works now. I even got to see the cool special profile in far cry 5. Although when I am in Farcry 5 I cannot change the profile, but i figure that's on purpose. Thank you.

Archived