Corsair Community

tRFC for TWIN2X4096-6400C4

Logvin

Good Morning-

I recently had my 20 month old son discover that there is a BUTTON on the front of my PC that he can push. After pushing it for about 5 straight minutes, my mainboard finally decided to lose its BIOS settings. I've relocated my PC higher up, and am going through my settings. I've customized my memory timings to match the 4/4/4/12/2.1v settings of my RAM, but my BIOS requires my to pick a tRFC value when I set the other ones manually. I could not find a tRFC value anywhere listed for Corsair... what should I pick?

Using a ABIT AW9D-Max mainboard, running Windows 7 x64 with an Intel Core 2 6600 processor at 2.4G (nothings OC).

• 11 months later...

I have a question now that the above is getting older these days. With the same Asus P5K Motherboard and dimms of TWIN2X1024-6400C4 installed (2 each of 1GB 6400-C4 memory).

The above memory is no longer being sold however, I'm finding the C5C version is. Can I mix TWIN2X4096-6400C5C or TWIN2X4096-6400C5 with the existing memory I have for a total of 6GB's? If yes, the existing memory will operate at the C5 timings, right?

Kind regards,

• Corsair Employee
Officially we do not suggest mixing memory even two sets that are the same part number and version sometimes will not work together. I would suggest you just keep what you have wait till you are ready to upgrade the system and buy new memory for the new system.

Archived