Corsair Community

CL Mini / 860i minimum fan speed

naaitsab

The fan of the 860i ramps up quite aggressively, this is a known firmware issue, as anwserd in the PSU section and could only be solved with a RMA (firmware update).

In one of the later updates of Link you can control the fanspeed of the 860i to a smoother/custom curve instead of 0% or ~max% it does stand-alone. Wich is a nice update.

Only thing is you can't turn off the fan if the PSU is idling so the feature is quite useless as the fan in default mode is off 90% of the time in my rig.

Could this be enabled in a next update? Should be a easy thing to fix. Some hard limit to disallow 0% at say 50 degree Celsius would be a good safeguard.

http://i.imgur.com/AIXdNkg.jpg

I use your software with a LCD panel to display data from CL. It's all nice and dandy and it can read out a lot but the user interface is a bit lets say...challenging for me to get around.

I like the design and feel of CL and compared to earlier versions it's quite stable now :sillygrin

The only problem I have with it is this fanspeed, but it's more of a missing thing than a real problem imho.

compared to earlier versions it's quite stable now :sillygrin

I like a good :rofl:

In general I advise against using CL 4.7.0.77 and SIV at the same time as the CL4 locking is broken.

1. With CL 4.7.0.77 the PCH/ICH SMBus interlocking is totally broken :mad:.

Some hard limit to disallow 0% at say 50 degree Celsius would be a good safeguard.

Before implementing PSU Custom Curves in SIV V5.04 released on 24-Oct-2015 I/Dustin did some checking and the firmware will automatically speed up the fan if this is needed.

Basically the PSU PWM % is not the actual %, but rather a minimum as the hardware/firmware designers got it right :bigeyes:.

SIV of course will enable to fan to be stopped, see the User Manual for the details :biggrin:.

Archived