Corsair Community

"No Device Detected. Please Connect a Device" at log on!

JackOfOwls

After months waiting to get this back in stock on Amazon, I finally received my order today...and it is an absolute ordeal so far. I plugged it into a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard (I ended up trying all ports), installed the latest CUE software from their site (1.5.80), and was immediately prompted to update the firmware to 1.15 (which I did) after firing up the software for the first time. All LEDS worked, everything seemed fine, I played around with creating a default profile, and no major problems. Then I discover that when I log back off then on again or reboot, the software and or/keyboard goes wonky. Default - or any - profile won't load. I open CUE, discover I can't click on the Profiles tab anymore, and then I get the utterly annoying ""No Device Detected. Please Connect a Device" message. Closing the software then re-opening it gets things working again, and even my default profile loads normally. But I just can't justify paying $180 for a keyboard that forces me to close then reload the software after every log on/log-off or reboot. Also, macros seem unstable and won't save. Since I got the K95 model for the macros, this is a feature that must work properly for me. Fortunately, I can get a hassle free RMA from Amazon if I can't resolve this issue.

To add insult to injury I can't even download a manual for this. Clicking on the Corsair Downloads page for the PDF manual opens a blank webpage (my Adobe Reader browser plugin works fine, the K95 RGB Quickstart guide displays properly) and the online help & user manual links inside the software produce nothing. Do I need to revert to an earlier firmware? How is this done? I feel a bit blind here without even a manual to help me. Please help. System specs are listed below.

Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, Intel Core i5-3570K CPU, GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB video, Asus P8Z77-V Pro MB, Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) RAM, Antec 620W PSU

Do you have the latest chipset drivers and BIOS version installed?

Have you also tried turning off USB power savings in Windows?

Make sure the keyboard is plugged into a USB 2.0/3.0 port that is controlled by the Intel chipset as third party chipsets are known to cause issues. Refer to your motherboard's user manual for which port is controlled by which chipset.

The user manual from the download links seem to be working on my side. Try a different browser. Does the manual download?

Do you have the latest chipset drivers and BIOS version installed?

Have you also tried turning off USB power savings in Windows?

Make sure the keyboard is plugged into a USB 2.0/3.0 port that is controlled by the Intel chipset as third party chipsets are known to cause issues. Refer to your motherboard's user manual for which port is controlled by which chipset.

The user manual from the download links seem to be working on my side. Try a different browser. Does the manual download?

Thanks for the reply. I just discovered after reinstalling the software & trying various USB 3.0 ports that it only has this issue when I log back off Windows then on again, not after a reboot. I created a batch file to just close & reopen the software with a single click. Yes, I now have it plugged into an Intel USB 3.0 port and it appears to be more stable. Also, I didn't have a user manual to show how to properly create macros but now I do. My browser issue was caused by not associating firefox as my default browser because I had just done an Acronis restore of Windows to help troubleshot the problem. Still wish there was a hardware manual for this instead of just for the software. I haven't figured out what the various setting for the BIOS switch mean.

At any rate, it's working now (with that bit of a workaround with the batch file) and I'm satisfied with the purchase...so far :biggrin: Thanks.

Archived