Corsair Community

Unexpected G-key delay

c-attack

c-attack, I also just had some long delays on Gpresses and realized iCUE was not going to the foreground quickly. Turned out i had debug logging on and i think it was parsing the file each time which got quite large and turning it off made things snappy again. Its funny because I do not recall checking it, but the text file was like 14 megs... May not be related but worth a try for anyone else who is having delays

Yes, I remember that being suggested early on and I am sure it was off. I uninstalled iCUE and re-installed Link and vice versa so many times, I had a procedure down. Still don't really know what was at the heart of it, but it has not returned post-fresh OS install.

• 5 months later...

So this is back again... After doing a standard upgrade to from Win 10 Pro 1803 to 1809 these terrible G key delays and M65 sniper delays are back. I didn't waste any time this go round and did a full clean install of 1809 from the Media Creation tool. I then installed basic drivers, GPU, Guild Wars 2, iCUE, and both EVGA Precision XOC and Afterburner/RTSS. That's it. Unfortunately this time it did not work and I am still afflicted with this on daily basis when playing that game --- ongoing for a month now.

I have been able to rule out Afterburner and Precision XOC. It happens with both or neither. As before, closing the iCUE app (not the services) and using my onboard memory key binds solves the problem, but not for the M65 that cannot do this. This started happening within 2 hours of drive erased fresh install. It's hard to believe that iCUE is not the central figure in this and the fact that only G keys and sniper button rmacro/re-assigns are affected seems rather telling. I have to wonder if it is linked to the other macro issues currently in play. It seems unlikely another fresh install would solve this, but this really is that annoying and cripples my K95Ps and M65s. Those functions are why I bought them.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump a 2 year thread, but I also couldn't find much discussion on this elsewhere.

I have several different game profiles and mainly play Apex Legends, but also experience the delay sometimes from the G-Keys which are bound to Q, B, M etc. Not as bad as 10 seconds, but definitely a few seconds that make a difference.

I'm running the latest iCUE (Version 3.33.246) and using a Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB. My binds are set up simply from recording the key press for each, like in the attached image. I don't believe this was an issue with the 2.X Versions but don't really want to downgrade if I don't have to. I have exports of my profiles though in case I need to re-import.

Anyone have any ideas? Has anyone tried downgrading to a good 2.X version? Thanks.

Binds.thumb.PNG.ec6c7ce3ff895501cf557ed689a68881.PNG

There is an “interrupt bug” in the current version 3.33 where keyboard/mouse input will interrupt or cancel programmed actions (mouse or keyboard). This is limited to 3.33 only. You can wait for a fix in the next release or roll back to v.3.32. However, profiles are not backwards compatible, so if you roll back you must re-import your profiles an reconstruct your settings.

Thanks, I was afraid they wouldn't be backward compatible :p

If I roll back to 3.32 and try re-importing, will it just say they're for 3.33 or will I only have to re-configure a minimal amount of settings?

I can give it a go, as I said it's mainly Apex I play so only takes a few minutes to set the binds for each game.

Would you have the exact version number I should downgrade to, so I can try downloading from a link similar to

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.33.246_release.msi ?

I can't find an Older Downloads section on the website. Thanks!

Cheers; so I uninstalled ICue 3.33 and then installed 3.32.80 from your link. Re-Importing the Profiles mostly worked actually and contained the key & executable bindings, I just had to re-set the Profile Icons & Backgrounds for each, so just a 10 min job.

I'll test out Apex again and see if the delay has gone, from memory it did start happening with the update to 3.33 so hopefully it's a good fix for now :) I'll keep an eye out for a release after 3.33.246. Thanks!

• 1 month later...