Corsair Community

650D Fan Kit, anyone received theirs?

ocp15k

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a hiccup with shipping. They'll be shipping as soon as we can get them here. I'm doing my best to get these damn things here this week and have them ship out. Thanks for your patience.

that's what redbeard said on another forum yesterday.

Awesome. :)

Weird he makes those 'press releases' over at another forum rather than here... :p:

lol i know. I've learned to just scope out that thread for info.

Our customer service should send you guys shipping notices today. I'm just giving you a bit more of a heads up than that.

that's the last thing he said :)

Mine says processing as well..

Didn't anyone quality control the cases of the line?

It kind of makes you wonder if the first batch of these do this then they must not have loaded any up with components and tried the fan controller..

There's also an 'In-line adapter for fan controller' included.

I'm wondering what form it will take, is it a total replacement for the switch found on top or some kind of adapter put between the controller connectors and the fan ones ?

If someone can give us more details on this issue and the fix kit that will be shipped, i would be very interested... because the problems seems to come from both the fans and the controller.

At full speed: The problem seems to be gone, but not completely, you can still hear a faint buzzing sound from the fans or the controller.

At mid/low speed: there's indeed the buzzing sound, but if i use an external voltage regulator (a simple molex 5v-7v-12v adapter for example), the problem seems to be half gone, that's weird...

I believe the kit includes an inline resistor for the 4 fan controller cables.

The problem, from what I've heard is that's it's a single piece that has 4 connectors, so that would make cable management a nightmare. Hopefully it's not how it was designed, but I'm sure we'll start finding out this upcoming week as some people have had their fix kit shipped (sadly not me).

redbeard said this at hardforum, for those who dont check both places,

The fan fix kits have been shipped to everybody who ordered on the web store. They actually sometimes get shipped before the status is updated, so don't be surprised to have your fix kit in your hands before the status says its shipped.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037098952&postcount=581

Got mine today. the whole kit consists of:

- 4 3" rubber sticks that replaces the stock screws on the fan (similar to noctua rubber mount design)

-an inline adapter that connects the the 4 power outlet and produces 4 output

-a pictured manual with no written instructions.

The inline adapter seems to be using a capacitor to regulate power going to the fans.

After installations the buzzing/rocking noise is definitely gone. But it seems the inline adapter is outputting more power compared to before when fan speed is set to low. Thus (by ear inspection) its louder then before.

Although the buzzing/rocking noise is now eliminated from all 3 fan speed presets, there seems to be a whining noise that's present across all 3 speeds. That being said i think that the differentiation between all the speed preset is now much less apparent.

Between low and med speed there definitely is a difference, but between med and high the difference is much less.

To sum it up,

Pros:

- buzzing/rocking noise now eliminated

- easy to install

Cons:

- difference between each speed preset is much less apparent (noise wise)

- slight whining noise across all 3 speed preset

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much Kit! Noctua male grommet type replacements for the Corsair screws? Really am I reading you wrong? No no no no, don't tell me this is the current state of things. If Corsair doesn't make that call to Austria soon we are all eFFed in the rear!

It has to happen this year please George it really could be the best of Corsairs' collaborations, please George pick up the phone, for everyones sake call Austria! There is a really nice guy there Jakob Dellinger he has an accent so what get over it! He can hook up Corsair and Noctua. Please call them! Please give us the ultimate 200mm fan supersilent in Obsidian Black with awesome Corsair inline attenuators, pleeeeeese do it!

Aww crap, a whining noise is not good, that annoys me more than anything else when it comes to fans which is why I use Noctua.

Is this how the officially fixed case is resolved too, or do the newer cases have a better solution in place? Can anyone from Corsair comment?

I really hope deciding to keep this case doesn't come back to bite me in the behind as it's now beyond 30 days and I can't return it.

If we could easily replace the 200mm fans, I wouldn't be so concerned, but the front fan cannot be replaced since it's too slim, so that is an issue already.

I still have no kit and cannot seem to get anyone to respond to my inquiry on a ship date. Kelvin was supposed to send the kit out to me as well as additional motherboard headers to accommodate my MB. Redbeard or anyone else from Corsair, would you be able to give me a hand on a ship date for these parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been going on for weeks.

Archived