Corsair Community

1st Build old and confused

xax68

Hello all, new member here. I am working on first build, and was wondering if there was anyplace to go or manual to see exactly where all the 800D cables go on my EVGA classified 3 way. Please be gentle as I am reading everything I can and trying to learn. Thank you for any assistance given.

Ok maybe Im asking this incorrectly. Cables like the audio has an addition (ac97?) on it. Where does this go? Where does the 1394 cable go, (I know the 1394A is for the addition, and not needed). There are 2 usb cables, does it matter which way they go on the motherboard (they are not labeled 1 and 2)....stuff like this, I cannot seem to find the answers to. Thank you for reading.

• Corsair Employee
Ok maybe Im asking this incorrectly. Cables like the audio has an addition (ac97?) on it. Where does this go? Where does the 1394 cable go, (I know the 1394A is for the addition, and not needed). There are 2 usb cables, does it matter which way they go on the motherboard (they are not labeled 1 and 2)....stuff like this, I cannot seem to find the answers to. Thank you for reading.

The motherboard should have USB connectors, and it doesn't matter which order they are plugged into. Most of these connectors are keyed, and can only be plugged in one way.

The tricky ones are the headers for the power and HDD LEDs. You can accidentally plug those two in backwards. Luckily, it won't hurt anything, you can just turn them around.

The motherboard, if it has built-in audio, will have a header for either HD Audio or AC'97, this is going to be in the motherboard manual.

The 1394 cable should also have a plug on the motherboard.

If you mention which motherboard you have, somebody might be able to help out a little better.

Thank you Thank you, I have an evga classified 3 way. Ok Sata cables, I have swap bays #1. SSD #3 HDD, (I left #2 open for air circulation). Does it matter what sata port I plug into on motherboard? (I have 0,1 plugged in now).

Thank you Thank you, I have an evga classified 3 way. Ok Sata cables, I have swap bays #1. SSD #3 HDD, (I left #2 open for air circulation). Does it matter what sata port I plug into on motherboard? (I have 0,1 plugged in now).

No, it does not matter here. But, It is logical to use them in order. ::pirate::

Archived