Corsair Community

Hot Swap Drives 800d case

Foam

I installed my sata drive in the top drive bay, cable at back for the 4 hot swap drives is attached and the cable from the drive to sata 1 on the Motherboard is connected.

It does not see the drive , I tried the second bay same problem.

I had to hook the sata drive seperate to get it to work.

• Corsair Employee
Foam, it sounds like there is either a faulty SATA power or data cable, or a faulty backplane circuit board. I would test different cables and backplanes and see if there is any difference, it would be unlikely that all four backplanes and all SATA cables would have the same problem. If you can isolate which component is causing the problems we should be able to replace it for you.

I installed my sata drive in the top drive bay, cable at back for the 4 hot swap drives is attached and the cable from the drive to sata 1 on the Motherboard is connected.

It does not see the drive , I tried the second bay same problem.

I had to hook the sata drive seperate to get it to work.

I would also connect a SATA power connector to the back of the bay to check the Corsair supplied power cable.

Foam, it sounds like there is either a faulty SATA power or data cable, or a faulty backplane circuit board. I would test different cables and backplanes and see if there is any difference, it would be unlikely that all four backplanes and all SATA cables would have the same problem. If you can isolate which component is causing the problems we should be able to replace it for you.

It ended up being a faulty sata data cable.

Archived