Corsair Community

Unhappy with RMA that isn't

Some1Else

Ticket: 841708

I opened it a month ago, which took a while to get a shipment notice ...only to see in the UPS status that customs info was incomplete. Today, UPS contacted me in hopes of getting customs info while the RMA has sat for over a week - means that attempts to contact Corsair have gone nowhere.

I don't want a tshirt & water bottle - I want the RMA box to swap because there's a hold on my CC to make this happen in the first place.

I opened it a month ago, which took a while to get a shipment notice ...only to see in the UPS status that customs info was incomplete. Today, UPS contacted me in hopes of getting customs info while the RMA has sat for over a week - means that attempts to contact Corsair have gone nowhere.

I don't want a tshirt & water bottle - I want the RMA box to swap because there's a hold on my CC to make this happen in the first place.

I feel you man! I have had 2 RMA one took 2 months to accomplish and another was started 5th of February and still in progress... That's a really terrible experience from both the quality build of the C1 and customer support... Never ever Corsair for me anyway...

• Corsair Employee
I feel you man! I have had 2 RMA one took 2 months to accomplish and another was started 5th of February and still in progress... That's a really terrible experience from both the quality build of the C1 and customer support... Never ever Corsair for me anyway...

Sorry to hear that. You can also PM me your ticket number and a brief summary of what happened and I will do my best to help.

But wait - there's more!

UPS was calling me three SEPARATE times a day to get brokerage information. That stopped as of Friday, Feb. 22nd. Corsair responded on my ticket that the box would arrive in a day or so. It's been almost a week and no activity other than daily warehouse scans at UPS so I called UPS. Turns out Corsair specified a business name, "Corsair Direct" to the delivery address FOR A RESIDENTIAL DELIVERY.

This experience has been staggering.

On the UPS side, I was asked for first & last name though I've already used my UPS account to setup delivery details.

Can't say my RMA experience has been any better, boy does Corsair have some work to do behind the scenes because this is just awful. So bad I'll intentionally only buy Corsair products from authorized resellers now.

I'm in the process of returning two Corsair One units. They mixed up the RMA on one order and processed the refund on the wrong credit card and are confused as hell with how to initiate an RMA on the second unit they already refunded it to that payment method. And somewhere in the middle of all of this, someone returned a "Bulldog High Performance PC Kit" which had *my* information on the return label. I never once ordered that item!

Anyway...off to newegg now. :)

• Corsair Employee
Can't say my RMA experience has been any better, boy does Corsair have some work to do behind the scenes because this is just awful. So bad I'll intentionally only buy Corsair products from authorized resellers now.

I'm in the process of returning two Corsair One units. They mixed up the RMA on one order and processed the refund on the wrong credit card and are confused as hell with how to initiate an RMA on the second unit they already refunded it to that payment method. And somewhere in the middle of all of this, someone returned a "Bulldog High Performance PC Kit" which had *my* information on the return label. I never once ordered that item!

Anyway...off to newegg now. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, can I get your ticket number and look into this on my end? Thank you in advance!

• Corsair Employee

Hello Cblaber,

I have looked into your issue and it seems like you have multiple tickets opened with us on the same issue, this has caused a lot of confusion on our end for obvious reasons. In the future please refrain from creating numerous tickets to avoid the downtime you've described above.

We do apologize for the mishap regarding your Bulldog case, our warehouse had an oversight which resulted in the delay

Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you.

The RMA unit finally arrived on Friday afternoon. Took me all of an hour to see why it was a refurb - the sound is messed up. It started with noticing that the line out jack did't register changes - the system has to already be turned on for a jack change to register. Meaning, I'd transferred plugs from the previous to the new only to wonder why no sound came through. Then, when I could listen to something - the sound says 100% but I'm struggling to hear anything.

I've updated to 1803, 1809 and re-installed the latest RealTek audio drivers multiple times to consistently get the same behaviour.

The startup and operating noise of the RMA unit is also noticeably louder than the outgoing unit.

During the conversation with Corsair support, I was told I could expect to be informed of a refurb being shipped if otherwise was not available - never happened, but then given the complete disorder I've experienced to date? The RMA unit also has a specific model designation - /RF at the end (Eg NA/RF) so it's clear this was a refurb unit (and Corsair likely knew upfront about what I would encounter).

I didn't create a new ticket for the RMA's issues, glad I didn't yet based on others experiences (I certainly appreciate the sharing).

• Corsair Employee
The RMA unit finally arrived on Friday afternoon. Took me all of an hour to see why it was a refurb - the sound is messed up. It started with noticing that the line out jack did't register changes - the system has to already be turned on for a jack change to register. Meaning, I'd transferred plugs from the previous to the new only to wonder why no sound came through. Then, when I could listen to something - the sound says 100% but I'm struggling to hear anything.

I've updated to 1803, 1809 and re-installed the latest RealTek audio drivers multiple times to consistently get the same behaviour.

The startup and operating noise of the RMA unit is also noticeably louder than the outgoing unit.

During the conversation with Corsair support, I was told I could expect to be informed of a refurb being shipped if otherwise was not available - never happened, but then given the complete disorder I've experienced to date? The RMA unit also has a specific model designation - /RF at the end (Eg NA/RF) so it's clear this was a refurb unit (and Corsair likely knew upfront about what I would encounter).

I didn't create a new ticket for the RMA's issues, glad I didn't yet based on others experiences (I certainly appreciate the sharing).

Sorry to hear that, can you pm me your ticket number so i can look into this for you?

Sorry to hear that, can you pm me your ticket number so i can look into this for you?

It's in the first post for this thread.

I finally got a response from Corsair Support, acknowledging that I'd provided the tracking number for the return of the faulty unit. No acknowledgement about the sound issues I have with the refurb/replacement. I have no idea if I should spawn a separate issue or not at this point - I only seem to get responses from Corsair support Tue-Thur.

Just me, posting an update that my original Corsair One shipped last week, arrived at Corsair yesterday (Monday), and I got a cheerful message informing me that the advance RMA hold had been lifted on my CC finally.

They neglected the fact that the replacement has immediately obvious sound issues which had previously been acknowledged by the same account. StormShadow - before you ask, I'm the OP and the ticket number has always been in the first post.

LOL! My ticket is now closed, after my last comment. Why am I not surprised, Corsair Support? StormShadow - the new ticket is: 867575

Edited by Some1Else

• 1 month later...

Honestly, this is quite unsettling for me. Over the last couple of years i’ve Viewed various threads here like this regarding support issues. As a prospective buyer of a Corsair i160 (next week most likely) i’m Honestly hesitant to do so seeing issues like this.

The flip side to this of course is that you only ever hear about the squeaky wheel - never the other 3 good operating ones. I’d like to think that, for the most part, others have had a better RMA experience but alas - due to the nature of forums I have no idea and am only hearing the bad.

Good support is a must!