Corsair Community

Fitting the H115i Plat into P350x case issues

Vanteal

So the Phanteks Eclipse P350X states that a 280MM rad can fit into the front of it's case. But when I went to install my H115i plat rad it was about an inch too big due to a wires/power button casing on the top inside of the case.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this same issue, and if they were able to figure something out, and if so, how they did it?

Also, since I bought the cooler from Newegg shortly after the holidays and haven't been able to start my new build until this past Friday, it's well beyond the 30 day return timeframe with newegg. I've messaged Corsair, but don't expect a response back anytime soon. So I was wondering if there's any chance that corsair will let me swap my 280 AIO for the 240 AIO?

Obviously you can't shorten the cooler, so if there is a magic trick, it's going to be on the case end. Not sure if Phanteks has a forum or tech support line to ask. On this end you have to hope someone has that case. Unfortunately, I am looking at the pictures now and I can see the issue. It doesn't look like they left any extra space for 280mm radiator. A 280mm radiator is never 280mm in length. It will always have an end cap on one or both ends. It looks like the problem is on the lower PSU "compartment plate". Does that come out? Would that even be acceptable?

I will also guess you can't top mount. It looks like the recent popular shallow top design with the board going right to the top edge.

I don't believe the panel can be removed, I'd have to look.

I did however learn that the bracket holding the power button and other controls can be removed. However, that leaves nothing to hold the power button in place..But if I remove it, the RAD fits perfectly..Maybe I can sand the bracket down to give me the extra space?..

And no, it does not mount on top. There is a bend on that side to make room for cables behind it that steals the inch I'd need to make it fit, so only one side of the mounting screws will line up, and I don't think it would be a good idea to have a RAD with only half the screws holding it on.

But before I do anything, I'm going to wait and see if anyone else responds saying they had the same problem with the same case, or for Corsair to write me back saying they will "or will not" swap it for the smaller 240MM AIO and let me return the 280MM system....Otherwise I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do..

Archived