Corsair Community

No HS60 Sidetone and Mic Sensitivity in iCue?

JacksonKellams

Hello, I just recently purchased the HS60 headset and while I love it, everything about it has been excellent thus far aside from two issues. For one, I'm confused as to why the headset lacks the sidetone feature in iCue. I know that the Void pros and HS70s have this option and the HS60, as far as I can tell, seems identical to the HS70, other than being wired rather than wireless. It seems odd that the HS60 would lack such a feature. I've used other headsets by other manufacturers and I've always bought wired versions because I don't need a wireless headset and it saves me money to grab wired versions. They never lacked any of the functionality of the wireless versions, other than not being wireless. I would love to keep this headset, as it's by far the most comfortable one I've ever owned and the sound quality is great, but lacking sidetone is kind of a dealbreaker.

The second issue is a bit odd and one I've never experienced. The mic sensitivity seems to be crazy high on these, to the point that the people I talk to in Discord can not only hear my games, music or videos that are playing, but they can hear their own voices coming through my mic! I have to set my volume very low and move the mic as far away from my mouth as possible, and while this kinda fixes the issue, it does not seem like a tenable solution. I'd love to see mic sensitivity as an option for your line of headsets in the future, as after researching this problem, it seems I'm not the only one who has it, nor is it exclusive to just this model of yours.

Overall, I'd like to see this functionality added to your software, because not only would it allow me to keep the headset I purchased, it would keep me loyal as I am a huge fan of it. I would like to recommend it to friends, but I know that they won't be keen on the softwares lack of features for this model. I hoping that someone could disclose whether there are plans to add sidetone and mic sensitivity for HS60s in the future or if it's even possible. Thanks in advance for any info.

Archived