Corsair Community

LL120 from the back

Blacksus

Hi everyone,

because the software is much more appealing to me, I would love to buy the LL fans over the TT Riings. However, I would use them in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic with three at the radiator of my AiO as push and three in the "front" of my case in pull. Given the dual chamber design of the O11, the front fans are mounted sideways if you know what I mean - I would see the back of them.

I have not found an image or youtube video showing the LLs from the back when illuminated. I feel that I may have to go with the Riings because of that, but if someone could post a picture of the back of the LLs, that would be much appreciated.

I really wish Corsair would release fans just like the LL with either a lighning tube on both sides or would give us the option to buy "inverted" ones, where the air flows the other direction while we can see the illuminated side...

Thanks,

Blacksus

Well, you are not alone in the wish for a more compelling back end on the LL. However, I am looking at 011 now and contemplating a dual 360 radiator set up. I am wondering why you would turn the fans on the vertical “side” to pull/intake? I’ll assume you don’t want to use bottom intake fans, even though that is clearly the case design. I would be tempted to make the bottom the intake and make the vertical rack “decorative” low speed.

I noticed you only mentioned one radiator, so presumably this means you are using onboard graphics or a discrete GPU. Be aware the 011 is not exactly air GPU friendly. I think it can still work, but if this is the plan you might consider AIO 360mm on the vertical as exhaust through the backside, 3xLL120 top exhaust (can still see ring), and 3x120 of whatever you like at the bottom as intake. This would keep a strong bottom in, top out heat pathway without affecting the coolant temps on the vertical 360mm.

Archived