Corsair Community

Can't get total ram to exceed 10 percent in Airflow Pro

Gphish

You would think that's not a problem. This is why I need to. Please see my CPU_Z ID # 2263635 for true hardware specs. I have the Corsair Link and Lighting Kit with that I got the Air-PRO x 2 due to the R4E has two sets. Now the AirPro's do what they say they do as far as diagnostics and temp of all 8 DIMMS. The problem is I have tried to run several apps and including decoding video along with super PI at 32 mill and I cant get total ram to exceed 10 to 12 percent. The issue is That the AIRPRO's LED activity don't go on. So I don't get the activity light effect. I want to see the activity but nothing pushing me at this time to see. I did try only 1 and not the other and different frequency's from 1600 to 2133 XMP, (side note )these do run at all DIMMS filled at 2133 XMP MODE on R4E REGARDLESS OF BIOS VERSION

So please advise what I can do to get total ram over the 12% USED?

2263635.png.b718613725929212f7094ae7cbdc5c47.png

• Corsair Employee

With that much Ram in the system it may not use much of the memory but you can try and turn off Virtual memory.

And see if that helps or try running something like the 64 Bit version of super PI or Prime 95.

Prime 95 I did 6 or 7 tests just now, I did get 100 percent cpu but ony 16 percent total use of ram. PI 64bit was the same. should 16% should I see a little activity from led's? The led's do show that they are getting hotter I seen from light blue to green and yellow thats it. No Virtual memry in use I dont think. I have never had that question.Is that by default of windows 7 64bit pro?

• Corsair Employee
Yes by default Windows will select 1 1/2 the amount of memory that is installed for virtual memory under system properties select performance then Advanced it will show how much is being used and allow you to change it. I would try setting it to 0 just to test if the system uses more memory.

Ok Question just change what to what? deselect auto manage paging, then select custom size? if I use O Windows pointed its finger at me and said "dont try that if I were you" kind of thing. If this is more detailed than what I mentioned I think I would want to try another route or more info, just point me in the right direction

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but I was only trying to help you find the setting, if you still have questions I would contact the system builder for help with the O.S. If you purchased a retail version of the O.S. and built the system your self you should be able to contact the developer for more help with these settings. Or try a Google search for how to change the Virtual memory settings in your specific O.S.

Thank you, for the advise, no fault in that. I think really I need to get the tech data on these AIR PRO's. If you think of it in the way i see it. The air pros may not work as adverstised if in use with more than 2 sticks of ram based on the video's provided I see this in all the reviews so far.So can you pass this along. I need to know more of the data sheet on these things in order to get the desired results with more than 2 sticks of ram. Please advise and point me in the right direction please.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to hi-jack your thread, but I think you are in the same boat as me and other Rampage IV Extreme users.

Feel free to join us on this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99643

I think it is NOT your O/S hitting 10% memory usage that is not showing the LED activity rather there is a problem with the RIVE and Corsair Air flow Pro.

All those that are having trouble seem to be linked with the RIVE so perhaps it requires Asus to release a firmware update or maybe its Corsair's Airflow (though I dont know how we will all update the Airflow Pro - Perhaps its a combo of both and they need to work it out)

RAM Guy is looking into the matter so feel free to add your specs and 2 cents in that thread mentioned above. Best keep all the people who raise the issue together rather than having RAM Guy respond to each others threads.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but the only data sheet type of information that I can give you is already on the web site for that part. Please search for the part number then look under Tech specs.

In addition, I am not really clear on what you are asking for specifically Gphish so I am not sure where to direct you. If you are over clocking it is not uncommon for the SM Buss to shut down sending health information which might be the case from what you have stated. Some screen shots of the issue would really help us to understand the problem that you see???

As I said before RAM Guy, its the same issue are having. I quote him from just before his request on the data sheet:

" The problem is I have tried to run several apps and including decoding video along with super PI at 32 mill and I cant get total ram to exceed 10 to 12 percent. The issue is That the AIRPRO's LED activity don't go on. So I don't get the activity light effect"

The issue is that the activity LEDs dont display. He believes it is because his RAM usage doesn't go beyond 10% rather than the unit itself is not working.

I believe this is because everything lights up when it runs diagonistics when first turned on. But after that its just the LED temps running. No activity effect.

Simply put, this is another case of the Air Flow Pro not working with the Rampage 4 Extreme. I Hope to hear news on it solution soon.

Cheers,

not to hi-jack your thread, but i think you are in the same boat as me and other rampage iv extreme users.

Feel free to join us on this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99643

i think it is not your o/s hitting 10% memory usage that is not showing the led activity rather there is a problem with the rive and corsair air flow pro.

All those that are having trouble seem to be linked with the rive so perhaps it requires asus to release a firmware update or maybe its corsair's airflow (though i dont know how we will all update the airflow pro - perhaps its a combo of both and they need to work it out)

ram guy is looking into the matter so feel free to add your specs and 2 cents in that thread mentioned above. Best keep all the people who raise the issue together rather than having ram guy respond to each others threads.

i tried to share my my asus r4e experience and my post was removed by wired. Sorry im being censored

• Corsair Employee
When are you guys going to uphold to truth in advertising the air pro's and corsairlink with asus r4e and others are not working.

When can we see a return in our investments

So what are we talking about in this thread? This was an issue with Airflow Pro not reporting memory activity on an X79 MB is that not correct and what does it have to do with Corsair Link?

In addition, did you try the modules and AirFlow Pro on another MB and did the activity led's work properly when you tested them on another MB?

So what are we talking about in this thread? This was an issue with Airflow Pro not reporting memory activity on an X79 MB is that not correct and what does it have to do with Corsair Link?

In addition, did you try the modules and AirFlow Pro on another MB and did the activity led's work properly when you tested them on another MB?

has everything to do with the corsair link, man are you serious? Corsair link advertising on their website states that airpro's are the first to be compatible with the link. your really loosing it ram guy pool.

• Corsair Employee

Corsair Link does not have anything to do with the issue reported int he first post...

Now the AirPro's do what they say they do as far as diagnostics and temp of all 8 DIMMS. The problem is I have tried to run several apps and including decoding video along with super PI at 32 mill and I cant get total ram to exceed 10 to 12 percent. The issue is That the AIRPRO's LED activity don't go on.

Which as I have stated previously we are looking into and I am sorry I cannot commit to an ETA for this issue.

In addition, you are now set to be moderated for Forum Rule Violation we will review your posts and consider re-instating you on the forum at a later date!

Well I (finally) have an update regarding the Airflow Pro and DDR3 ram quad kit tested on the older X58 Asus Rampage II Extreme. The unit worked perfectly, both temp and activity.

So it can be concluded that the issue we are seeing is related to the Asus Rampage IV Extreme - As it has been used on other X79 chipsets successfully. All those I am seeing with this same issue are using the RIVE.

I hope this info helps - and sorry about not being able to do test it earlier, I have had a very busy two weeks.

Thanks in advance.

• Corsair Employee
No worries and thank you for taking the time to test them on another system that does indeed help to identify the issue is not the memory it self and that was my concern. We are looking into the X79 chipset not working with the Airflow pro activity but I am not sure how long it will take to address. I know we tested an 8 gig set and did not see any problems so it may be something to do with the larger amount of RMA you were using, at least that is what is suspected.

Guessing you mean larger amount of RAM right ;). I still suspect its directly related to the Rampage IV Extreme - just my 2 cents as it is the one common factor of everyone I have come across with this issue.

I came across this build log:

http://www.corsair.com/blog/sandy-bridge-e-build-log/

This build log lists a 32GB kit (4 x 8G). Its also running off an Asus motherboard, but is not the Rampage IV Extreme. Probably already know this anyhow - but I dont think size is the issue. (Running 16GB personally, and there was someone else using a 32GB kit - but also suffered the same problem - on RIVE).

Cheers,

Nob

The CPU stress testing program, Intel Burn Test, allows you to select several levels (amounts) of memory to be used during the test, including all that is available. Would this help people to use larger amounts of their memory to test the Airflow Pro?

I don't own one so can't say if it will work or not. Just google Intel Burn Test, and you'll find download sites, it's free.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived