Corsair Community

H115i Pro RGB sound "issue:

RonnieNine

Hey all. I just installed the cooler mentioned in the title. I hear some rattling and it's very annoying, however, I'm not sure if it's not normal.

The cooler works properly, keeps the cpu cool, the question is the noise of the pump. Here's a recording where I cycle through quiet balanced and extreme modes (pump only): [ame]https://youtu.be/vm1iG7SnqF8[/ame]

Thank you in advance!

The very noticeable "hum" at 2850 rpm is normal and all pumps are going be detectable at that speed. However, assuming the static-like sound present throughout is not actual recording static, that is not normal. While that specific sound doesn't strike me as overly common, the most likely reason is some air bubbles zipping around the pump strainer. This does tend to happen when you first put it up or anytime you take it down for cleaning, etc. If possible, try tipping the case back and forth while the pump is running to see if they will leave the pump area. Some people even take to laying the case on its side for a few hours to skip the awkward rocking. If those measures fail, the final step is to take it out and shake it a bit, turn it upside down, and essentially stir the pot. If after remounting, the noise does not disappear in 20 minutes or so, its time to take it back and exchange it.

I took out everything, shook the radiator, reinstalled the pump sideways, literally tried everything and it's worse now. I can definitely hear the water flowing now and popping noises and all that. I'm clueless.

EDIT: The gurgling stopped (even caught it on camera, check it out at the first extreme mode's end it goes away), however, I'm back to step 1. because the ticking noise is still back. Please note that the phone is very sensitive and amplifies the sound, however, you CAN hear those ticks obviously.

Here's the new vid: [ame]https://youtu.be/QBWwQqlKKXQ[/ame]

FYI: In extreme mode the ticking sound is gone, I can only hear the pump. The ticks come when its on balanced or quiet.

I would send it back as defective and request a replacement. This is not common complaint on the Pro series coolers. The gurgle stuff is definitely bubbles and it also proves the point. Those did work themselves out as expected. The other sound did not and it probably electro-mechanical in nature. I would not expect any further change at this point (at least not in a beneficial manner).

Archived