Corsair Community

iCUE v3.4.95 Lighting Profiles Go to Rainbow on Lock Screen

kilstain

Was going to change my ram to a set of Vengeance Pro RGB dimms, but will wait until this "problem" is solved.

Don't waste your money, Vengeance PRO are as buggy as their predecessor. I tried them and they're not worth the price at all.

• 3 weeks later...
any news on this? it's quite annoying :(

I agree, I wish they would at least comment on the issue and maybe give an estimate of when/if it will be fixed. It's not looking very promising. I'll give it another month before I sell my LL fans and look for an alternative to the H150i.

I agree, I wish they would at least comment on the issue and maybe give an estimate of when/if it will be fixed. It's not looking very promising. I'll give it another month before I sell my LL fans and look for an alternative to the H150i.

little tip: this problem only exists with their nasty icue software.

i immediately deinstalled it and reverted back to corsair link which is much better and shows me more of what i care about (graphs and numbers).

only drawback is there are less options for lighting and wha not.

Good to know. I'd like to see that change as well.

I just set a static black color with the brightness down on the LL fans and the H150i in Link and it seems to stay when the computer locks and the screens turn off.

Can you explain how you did this ? Does it disable all lighting effects or just when the computer is locked ? I want to buy 6 LL fans but like you I cant stand the rainbow effects on lock or boot. But I guess boot I might be able to deal with as my pc is NVME and boots in 3 seconds :)

Can you explain how you did this ? Does it disable all lighting effects or just when the computer is locked ? I want to buy 6 LL fans but like you I cant stand the rainbow effects on lock or boot. But I guess boot I might be able to deal with as my pc is NVME and boots in 3 seconds :)

You have to use the old Link software if you want to keep your lighting profile while the computer's locked.

To turn them off you set them to static color and change the RGB colors to 0,0,0. You don't actually need to adjust the brightness. If you want the lighting effects back on you have to go back in and change them to the desired lighting profile. Running the old Link limits the amount of stuff you can do with them. iCue has a lot of neat features, but it's useless to those of us who keep our PCs on 24/7 and can't stand rainbow barf.

If you can shut down or put the PC to sleep it's not a problem.

You have to use the old Link software if you want to keep your lighting profile while the computer's locked.

To turn them off you set them to static color and change the RGB colors to 0,0,0. You don't actually need to adjust the brightness. If you want the lighting effects back on you have to go back in and change them to the desired lighting profile. Running the old Link limits the amount of stuff you can do with them. iCue has a lot of neat features, but it's useless to those of us who keep our PCs on 24/7 and can't stand rainbow barf.

If you can shut down or put the PC to sleep it's not a problem.

Same issue, but it occurs when I wake from putting the PC to sleep.

After investing several hundred dollars into the Corsair ecosystem (fans, LED strips, commander pros) - I’m a little frustrated that I have to reboot to get my system out of “rainbow puke”.

Not what I expected from Corsair.

If this is a known issue, why no communication - much less a solution?

Same issue, but it occurs when I wake from putting the PC to sleep.

After investing several hundred dollars into the Corsair ecosystem (fans, LED strips, commander pros) - I’m a little frustrated that I have to reboot to get my system out of “rainbow puke”.

Not what I expected from Corsair.

If this is a known issue, why no communication - much less a solution?

Good to know it does coming out of sleep as well.

I just saw that it was hinted at in the other thread that there is a solution in the works, but that's about as close to communication as we've recieved.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180506&page=7

NDA's suck at times.. really does limit how one can reply in a support type of way at times....

but.

Hold tight... really... hold tight man.... ;) ;) all I can say is.. if you was on a rocket to the moon.. you are already in the Moon Landing Craft. and preparing to slow your orbit down ready to land ;).. you will soon be saying "one small step for iCue one giant leap for RGB kind"

as DevB has already said.... things are being worked on and have been since before this thread started ;). we are limited on what we are allowed to say Dude.

I've been complaining about this for a long time.

I was told they were working on it, but they have to reprogram everything to support it.

That was back in July.

We're almost at 1 year. Well, at least since iCue has been around.

iCue as not been around for a year. It's been in full release for 6 months and, before that, open beta for 2 months or so.

iCUE has no support for cooler/Commander Pro/LNP device memory. It will override any color settings you have saved to those devices when it looses contact with the software, quit, lock, boot, wake, etc. That is something I would like to see change in near future and was present in Link.

However, I am surprised the LL ever behaved on the lock screen with Link. The LL fans need to be in contact with the software to do their thing, or they default to their demo mode/rainbow color scheme. Regardless, you may be better off going back to Link/CUE. for a while. I do the same at times, particularly when I need to run without that software and don't want to get hit with rainbows in the face.

Could use Task Scheduler to Kill iCUE/Launch LINK w/ 'On workstation lock' trigger and do the reverse w/ 'On worstation unlock' trigger. Would need to write a very simple batch script to kill LINK/iCUE.

Would need to adjust tasks created during installation to keep LINK from running at startup, etc.

I'm already using Task Scheduler to swap out the iCUE XMP profiles to dim the system to ~10% brightness at night, which already involves a batch script with a component that kills iCUE. It would be easy enough to write the scripts required for these tasks -- might give it a go and report back.

Edited by bgunn925

Could use Task Scheduler to Kill iCUE/Launch LINK w/ 'On workstation lock' trigger and do the reverse w/ 'On worstation unlock' trigger. Would need to write a very simple batch script to kill LINK/iCUE.

Would need to adjust tasks created during installation to keep LINK from running at startup, etc.

I'm already using Task Scheduler to swap out the iCUE XMP profiles to dim the system to ~10% brightness at night, which already involves a batch script with a component that kills iCUE. It would be easy enough to write the scripts required for these tasks -- might give it a go and report back.

Hey good ideas, but i tried that with no avail. The stuff icue or corsair service relies on stops running during lock state, so no matter what you do in that event in task scheduler (that i have tried anyways) even using run highest privileges, wake pc and on any user lock nothing seems to work. I even tried my gamesdk ProfileArgument switcher exe and it can't function in lock state. I think it is just a function of the hardware unfortunately as certain devices just do not have the memory so without being told to do x they have a physical default. The only fix would be: finding a way to cut the power on lock state, reverse engineering the innards of the devices (which is probably quite tricky and voids warranty). They may end up fixing the formerly link compatible stuff but the ST100, the polaris, there's no real software solution i would imagine

This bug has been around since the beginning. The only "progress" that has been made is apparently the dev team pretends that this isn't a bug but rather a choice and they're doing it on purpose.

I'm fairly deep into the Corsair ecosystem (1000D with 22 ML PRO fans, AX1600i, H100i v2, and 128GB Vengeance RAM) and this has me looking to dump a lot of that. Having the lock screen turn my fan control off isn't acceptable on any scale of build and definitely not on a build of this scale.

This bug has been around since the beginning. The only "progress" that has been made is apparently the dev team pretends that this isn't a bug but rather a choice and they're doing it on purpose.

I'm fairly deep into the Corsair ecosystem (1000D with 22 ML PRO fans, AX1600i, H100i v2, and 128GB Vengeance RAM) and this has me looking to dump a lot of that. Having the lock screen turn my fan control off isn't acceptable on any scale of build and definitely not on a build of this scale.

In case you missed it, Corsair James provided an update to this yesterday. Check it out: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182874.

Wow, they fixed it in 3.10.125. I've only tested it a little, but so far so good. I can now set a lighting profile that is active while the PC is unlocked and set another (blacked out) in "hardware lighting" and they shut off when the PC is locked.

The only odd thing is the orientation of the lights in "Pong" seems different. Not a big deal though. I'll mess with it more later.

Looks like I won't be selling after all. Probably going to have to pick up a few more fans and commander pro.

Hey, hey!

Never had any issues with my H150i Pro and iCUE, and now the hardware lighting option is available to remember a colour for the pump's RGB!

Great work on the release!

Edited by PJH

Yes, the orientation for Pong is different - it's now the same as it was in Link.

Pong still isn't right for me. The effect on each fan moves the opposite way to the direction of the sequence. When the sequence moves from the front to the back of my case the effect on each fan moves in the opposite direction and vice versa.

My fans are set up as follows -

1. Front bottom

2, Front middle

3, Front top

4, Top front

5, Top rear

6, Rear

Fan wires are facing the back of the case.

Should I have connected them starting from the back, have I orientated them incorrectly or is iCue at fault?