Corsair Community

Corsair LL120 triple pack - single fan issue

Raediddy

Hi all,

I've just completed a new build with 3 Corsair LL120's. 2/3 fans are lighting up but one isn't.

In the LED fan hub the fans are plugged into scokets 1,2 and 3. 1 and 2 light up but 3 doesn't. Moving 3 to 1,2,3,4,5,6 won't light it up, so I have a suspicion its faulty. HOWEVER. Moving 1 or 2 (which work) to 3,4,5,6 also stop them working.

I've installed Corsair Link and 'added' fans for all 6 slots. I cannot get anything to light up in slots 3-6 and one fan won't light up in any slots.

Any suggestions? Appreciate it!

Hi all,

I've just completed a new build with 3 Corsair LL120's. 2/3 fans are lighting up but one isn't.

In the LED fan hub the fans are plugged into scokets 1,2 and 3. 1 and 2 light up but 3 doesn't. Moving 3 to 1,2,3,4,5,6 won't light it up, so I have a suspicion its faulty. HOWEVER. Moving 1 or 2 (which work) to 3,4,5,6 also stop them working.

I've installed Corsair Link and 'added' fans for all 6 slots. I cannot get anything to light up in slots 3-6 and one fan won't light up in any slots.

Any suggestions? Appreciate it!

The fans have to be on the hub in order. You cannot skip one - it won't work. So what you are describing when moving fans to different ports is as expected.

What happens if you put the suspect fan on port 1 and the fan on port 1 on port 3?

The fans have to be on the hub in order. You cannot skip one - it won't work. So what you are describing when moving fans to different ports is as expected.

What happens if you put the suspect fan on port 1 and the fan on port 1 on port 3?

So I just tested it.

Putting Fan 1 which works into socket 3 on the Fan hub and vice versa results in neither lighting up. Number 2 stays lit up.

Interestingly, like you’ve said about the fans requiring to be plugged in order (I also read this in the manual), if I simply unplug 1 and 3 but leave 2 plugged in, it stays lit up.

So I just tested it.

Putting Fan 1 which works into socket 3 on the Fan hub and vice versa results in neither lighting up. Number 2 stays lit up.

Interestingly, like you’ve said about the fans requiring to be plugged in order (I also read this in the manual), if I simply unplug 1 and 3 but leave 2 plugged in, it stays lit up.

It'll still have power so it may stay stuck on the last setting but it has no control signal so you wouldn't be able to change anything. It's the data signal that's passed in serial.

So it sounds like the initial Fan 3 is likely bad.

It'll still have power so it may stay stuck on the last setting but it has no control signal so you wouldn't be able to change anything. It's the data signal that's passed in serial.

So it sounds like the initial Fan 3 is likely bad.

Would Fan 1 which works in slot 1 work in slot 3? With the dodgy fan in slot 1? Or is the broken fan affecting the rest of the chain?

I’ll raise a ticket with customer support and hopefully get a replacement sent out!

Appreciate the help

Archived