Corsair Community

iCUE still causing major FPS drop with mouse polling rate

Desync

Whenever I play FPS games only does the poling rate of 1000 or 500 cause MAJOR fps drop. MMOs or any other game causes 0 issues, it's only FPS games. PUBG, Battalion, CS:GO, APEX Legends, ect.

My system is well equipped to handle 1000mhz poling rate, as I've had tons of 1000mhz mice in the past with 0 issues.

SDK is disabled, I've uninstalled iCUE, cleared all the files, re-installed. Unplugged the mouse and held down right click + left click while plugging it back in to reset it. I've done everything and it still lags. What gives??

NZXT H500i

ASRock Z390 Taichi Mobo

Intel 9900k CPU

ASUS 1060 GPU

G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 16gb

Patriot 128 M.2 SSD

Patriot 256 M.2 SSD

Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard

Corsair M65 Pro RGB Mouse

Corsair Void Pro USB Headset

Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris Mousepad

Corsair H100i PRO CPU Cooler

EDIT: Headed to BestBuy now to pickup a new Steel Series Rival 600 and see if I have any issues with a diff. brand of mouse.

Edited by Desync

The issue is very likely caused by Z390 Taichi/9900k. I just built a new rig with the said parts this week, and I'm experiencing the same polling rate -> fps drop issue.

It seems a quite common problem with the z390 chipset, or the Asrock/Taichi product line as I discovered someone experienced same issue with his z270 Taichi.

Do you see any differences after switching to Rival 600? I'm using Rival 500 with 1000hz polling rate. Mouse movement causes cpu spikes which leads to fps drops in games like League of Legends and GW2. Haven't try my previous Scimitar but I assume there won't be any difference as my older Rival 500 (replaced because of sidebutton double click), which operates flawlessly on my previous build, has issue on this build. The problem really seems to related to the mobo and cpu.

Fractal Meshify C

ASRock Z390 Taichi - updated to BIOS ver 2.0, no fix

Gigabyte 1080 G1

Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 8gb*4

970 evo plus 1tb m.2

Kingston HyperX savage 500gb sata ssd

Seagate 2tb hybrid

k68 rgb mx blue

SS Rival 500

SS Arctis Pro wireless

Edited by lizhu27

The issue is very likely caused by Z390 Taichi/9900k. I just built a new rig with the said parts this week, and I'm experiencing the same polling rate -> fps drop issue.

It seems a quite common problem with the z390 chipset, or the Asrock/Taichi product line as I discovered someone experienced same issue with his z270 Taichi.

Do you see any differences after switching to Rival 600? I'm using Rival 500 with 1000hz polling rate. Mouse movement causes cpu spikes which leads to fps drops in games like League of Legends and GW2. Haven't try my previous Scimitar but I assume there won't be any difference as my older Rival 500 (replaced because of sidebutton double click), which operates flawlessly on my previous build, has issue on this build. The problem really seems to related to the mobo and cpu.

Fractal Meshify C

ASRock Z390 Taichi - updated to BIOS ver 2.0, no fix

Gigabyte 1080 G1

Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 8gb*4

970 evo plus 1tb m.2

Kingston HyperX savage 500gb sata ssd

Seagate 2tb hybrid

k68 rgb mx blue

SS Rival 500

SS Arctis Pro wireless

I brought the Rival 600 home last night and just unplugged the Corsair mouse and plugged it straight in and had a little bit of FPS drop but nothing like it was.

Turned my comp off last night when I went to bed, turned it back on this morning and fired up Battalion 1944 and 0 issues so far.

Also, with your z390 taichi board, do you have problems with your shield colors staying red/orange? THe colors to the left of the CPU where the mobo says ASROCK, those LEDs stay orange / red and won't change. Learned it was a problem with Windows and ASROck's software that they haven't found a fix to yet.

I brought the Rival 600 home last night and just unplugged the Corsair mouse and plugged it straight in and had a little bit of FPS drop but nothing like it was.

Turned my comp off last night when I went to bed, turned it back on this morning and fired up Battalion 1944 and 0 issues so far.

Also, with your z390 taichi board, do you have problems with your shield colors staying red/orange? THe colors to the left of the CPU where the mobo says ASROCK, those LEDs stay orange / red and won't change. Learned it was a problem with Windows and ASROck's software that they haven't found a fix to yet.

I haven't encounter any problems with the mobo LEDs yet. I'm using ASRock PolychromeRGB v1.0.38.

Have you installed SSE and checked the polling rate on your Rival 600 see if its 1000hz?

Ok it seems that I've managed to fix the polling rate problem. What I did is going to the bios settings ->advanced settings-> CPU configurations ->Disable C states>save and exit.

Now my mouse polling rate is set at 1000hz, no stutter/fps drops at all in any games.

Hope this helps.

Ok it seems that I've managed to fix the polling rate problem. What I did is going to the bios settings ->advanced settings-> CPU configurations ->Disable C states>save and exit.

Now my mouse polling rate is set at 1000hz, no stutter/fps drops at all in any games.

Hope this helps.

This worked for me too mate. I wish there was a better fix though as this reduces the power saving of the PC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I still have this issue after disabling C-states in BIOS. Only fix is to reduce polling rate to 250Mhz. Any other advice? What happened in the lastet update to cause this. I experience it the worst in division 2. Shutting down icue fixes the mouse lag.

• 5 months later...
Wanted to mention I had a similar issue and posted here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190531 I have an ASRock Z390 Extreme4 + i7 8700 and had this mouse polling rate issue that showed itself if iCue or Origin was running in the background. For me disabling the C3 state in the BIOS also fixed the issue, did not have to disable other C states