Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2018, 06:17 AM
unilythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 962995
unilythe Reputation: 22
Default Availability new ML Pro fans

Hi there,

I am planning to use ML120 fans for push/pull configurations in my PC. I wanted to use the RGB versions on one side, and non-RGB on the other side, as that other side isn't visible at all. However, considering the RGB fans have a much lower max RPM than the regular ML120's (which is fine for push/pull), I was hoping a new low-RPM version of the regular ML120 would be released at some point. Just like the ones on the H150i AiO. I won't put two fans with different RPM's in push/pull.

Is this coming out at some point? If not, I'm afraid I'm going to have to use different fans which I don't want to do.

Last edited by unilythe; 07-11-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:44 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 962999
DevBiker Reputation: 69

Not that I've heard. And Corsair won't discuss unreleased products publicly so if they are planning it, they wouldn't tell.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:55 AM
unilythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963002

I mean, the fans exist, they're on the H150i Pro AiO. So the non-RGB low-RPM fans do exist. It'd be really annoying if you can't buy them seperately.

I see your point though. I'd just be pretty surprised and annoyed if it's not being released at some point.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:38 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963007
c-attack Reputation: 89

It is missing from the spare parts page, but will probably make an appearance at some point. However, I am not sure that's worth waiting for or worrying about. You can get the ML Pro series for at a good price these days. The difference there will be nominal. Unlike how some fan controllers worked in the past at percentage of max, iCUE will let you assign specific RPM points for the curve and the fans will follow it, regardless of make. I have three different fan types all following one curve. Each fan has a different max RPM and not all are PWM and this still works. That makes the old nuisance of controlling different max speeds a non-factor. Also, unlike some higher RPM limit fans that loose their low end control, you can run them from 400-2400, so that 400-1200 range is completely usable.

I am not quite sure where you want to put them. It's a 460X, so ML-RGB on the glass front, you'll have the ML-Quiet that come with the H150i on the pull/interior side of the radiator. Is this for the interior? Why not more RGB? You can turn them to black if desired.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:38 PM
unilythe's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963091

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
It is missing from the spare parts page, but will probably make an appearance at some point. However, I am not sure that's worth waiting for or worrying about. You can get the ML Pro series for at a good price these days. The difference there will be nominal. Unlike how some fan controllers worked in the past at percentage of max, iCUE will let you assign specific RPM points for the curve and the fans will follow it, regardless of make. I have three different fan types all following one curve. Each fan has a different max RPM and not all are PWM and this still works. That makes the old nuisance of controlling different max speeds a non-factor. Also, unlike some higher RPM limit fans that loose their low end control, you can run them from 400-2400, so that 400-1200 range is completely usable.

I am not quite sure where you want to put them. It's a 460X, so ML-RGB on the glass front, you'll have the ML-Quiet that come with the H150i on the pull/interior side of the radiator. Is this for the interior? Why not more RGB? You can turn them to black if desired.
The 460X is my current system, not the one I'm working on. I don't own an H150i, I only mentioned that because I know the H150i has the low-RPM ML120 fans.

I'm planning a custom loop with 3 radiators in a Lian Li PC-O11 WGX. I want to put push-pull on those radiators, only having RGB fans on the inside of the case, so that's only one side of the radiator. I don't need the rgb on the outside, because that's not visible anywhere.

Your advice regarding iCue's ability to set an RPM rather than a PWM percentage is very helpful though!

Tags
ml fans ml120 rgb