Corsair Community

Choosing a radiator for the 500D

ttrt1

Not a pro here. I'm considering buying the Obsidian 500D but I'm wondering about the possibility of fitting in a radiator. I've looked at a lot of build vids and I can't seem to find an answer to this:

I'm thinking about the H100i at the top, because I'd rather have some more room at the front.

I'd like to put an SP120 at the back and three LL120's at the front.

Is that feasible? Should I go with the longer H150i pro over the H100i? I don't want to put a radiator at the front, but I'm concerned about room to work with.

Also... would the existing brackets suffice for mounting either these radiators?

CPU is i7-8700K

Why don't you want to put a radiator at the front? Most tests would indicate a front radiator tends to work better and more naturally, sucking in air from outside and then letting the hot air rise through the case and get expelled out the top and back.

Sorry for not answering your question directly, but I went for an H150 6-fan push/pull configuration for my front radiator in my 500D RGB and it fits perfectly in the front with lots of spare room (plus 2x120LL RGB fans on top and 1x120LL RGB fan at rear). What else do you want to put in the front if not the radiator?

Here's a picture of my setup.

https://i.imgur.com/xa078Mj.jpg

Well, actually my plan was to have the top fans sucking air in from outside so it would actually not be venting the warm air in the case but blowing in room temperature air from above. I've seen some builds done to test this that have shown that's pretty helpful for keeping the CPU cooler.

But truthfully my main concern was aesthetic. Since I want the fans blowing air inside and through the radiator, and I'm planning on using LL120 RGB's on the front to show off the lights, I thought that it might not look as good...

Should I not be concerned?

Would you mind showing me how the front of your case looks?

Well, actually my plan was to have the top fans sucking air in from outside so it would actually not be venting the warm air in the case but blowing in room temperature air from above. I've seen some builds done to test this that have shown that's pretty helpful for keeping the CPU cooler.

But truthfully my main concern was aesthetic. Since I want the fans blowing air inside and through the radiator, and I'm planning on using LL120 RGB's on the front to show off the lights, I thought that it might not look as good...

Should I not be concerned?

Would you mind showing me how the front of your case looks?

The front of my case doesn't actually have any RGB on it, as I'm using the 120ML Pro fans that came with the H150i (I didn't want outward facing RGB), so it just looks like a regular 500D RGB case from the outside (do you still need a picture)?

Here is a daylight picture of the inside: https://imgur.com/MVdbjRc

Archived