Corsair Community

iCUE v3.5.111 [H115i] Won't show RPM of FAN's

Nepturion

So I have tried to uninstall iCUE and reinstall it, didn't fix my problem.

Uninstalled LiNK software, didn't help and doesn't seem to be required for my AIOs.

Any fix to display my RPMs?

Is there a iCUE issue regarding RPM read-outs?

I am able to set % speeds and the RPMs change, but doesn't display it in iCUE.

804378854_iCUEv3.5.111H115i.thumb.png.2f2f430352ec3f20de728bafc95d54ab.png

Are your fans connected to the PWM headers on the pump or your motherboard?

Its connected to the PWM headers on the pump, with PWM splitters so I can use 4 fans.

Did this also with H100i v2 in LiNK software and worked flawlessly, RPMs were shown and controllable.

You need to be really careful with 4 fans running from the pump on the H100i v2. You still have a 1.0A max current. I would suggest momentarily disconnecting the splitters and trying to run just two fans to see if you still have a working H100i v2 fan controller.

I'd say that you were super-lucky that this worked with the H100i. 140mm fans tend to draw a little more power, especially at startup, than 120mm fans. And while you have a SATA connection with that cooler (IIRC), you still have a limit on the power draw that you can have. What fans are you using with the cooler?

You need to be really careful with 4 fans running from the pump on the H100i v2. You still have a 1.0A max current. I would suggest momentarily disconnecting the splitters and trying to run just two fans to see if you still have a working H100i v2 fan controller.

I know, didnt have any issues with it before and have runned PWM splitter with H100i v2 and H100i GTX and didnt have any issues.

Had 4 120mm Corsair SP fans.

Now I use 4 Corair ML140 PRO, first time I have seen issues with RPM readouts. Even if the ML140 PRO has 0.202 A, I still can use 4 without issues, the pump should not draw that much power.

I'd say that you were super-lucky that this worked with the H100i. 140mm fans tend to draw a little more power, especially at startup, than 120mm fans. And while you have a SATA connection with that cooler (IIRC), you still have a limit on the power draw that you can have. What fans are you using with the cooler?

I didnt use 140mm on the H100i v2, it's only limited to 120mm fans, and I used 4 Corsair SP 120.

The fans I use for H115i is 4xML140 PRO.

Long term that's your risk on a H100i v2, but you are taking a roll of the dice every time you boot up by using 90% of current limit.

At the present, standard troubleshooting step #1 when using chained splitters is to take them off. The fact this worked with cooler A and 4 fans does not mean it is going to be the same with cooler B and 4 different fans. The H115i is SATA powered and has a higher current threshold(2.0A), so more likely we are looking at the splitters as the source of the problem.

You have 2 headers on you H115i CLC for the fans with only one carrying pin 3, the RPM sensor. If you are using splitters so you can use 4 fans, is pin 3 being passed through on at least one of your fans so you can read a temperature?

Also, make sure you have only one pin 3 connected to the CLC's fans otherwise you'll get erroneous readings.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo I didnt change anything.

I bought new PWM splitters, haven't plugged the new ones in yet..

iCUE seems to be working perfectly now!

Version 3.6.109 displays the RPMs of the fans, so people don't buy stuff before Corsair fixes their software..

attachment.php?attachmentid=34038&stc=1&d=1535062772

1978455754_iCUE3.6.109H115i.thumb.png.96341c7f6c3d838077a158082be36937.png

Archived