Corsair Community

M65 and/or CUE problems, need help

Greybird

I have no idea what is going on with my CUE software. I will start a game, play a bit, and then the mouse will lose all of its bindings, leaving any remapped buttons dead (I have the back and forward set to [ and ], DPI up and down to Insert and CTRL-/, and the sniper button to numpad period.) The non-rebound buttons work fine. They won't even work in Notepad. It does this in multiple games, from the latest (R6 Siege) to much older (System Shock 1.)

If I alt-tab out, exit CUE, and then restart it, it works again. Sometimes. If it works, it stops again after anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes. If relaunching CUE doesn't work, sometimes it requires a reboot. Sometimes it only requires that I unplug the mouse and plug it back in. None of these are terribly practical in the middle of a multiplayer game when my buttons suddenly stop working.

I'm running the latest CUE, I'm running the latest firmware. I've tried repairing CUE. I've tried re-installing the firmware. I've tried uninstalling CUE, removing all leftover files and registry entries, and reinstalling CUE, re-creating my profiles from scratch. The last sometimes gives me a few days, then the problem starts all over again.

I've had the mouse a little over a year, but it didn't start doing this until a few months ago.

At this point, my mouse has become so unreliable that it is bordering on unusable, and I'm not sure what else to try.

I had a similar experience and it turned out to be leftover stuff from my last mouse.

And since it was the mouse I had to reboot to release the old junk.

Uninstalled the old mouse program and everything started working as advertised.

I used to have a similar problem with the older CUE software, which would crash in-game and lose all my binds. In fact, it used to crash a lot, especially when coming out of hibernation (often with a crash message window that displayed no information). The new CUE software (completely new GUI) has been pretty flawless for me, and I am no longer crashing all of the time.

Archived