Corsair Community

H110i GTX in a 750D

NeoKrieg111

I am new to this forum in particular, but I wanted to go right to the horses mouth. I am planning a rebuild of my primary desktop and I've been looking into liquid cooling it. I have chosen the 750D over the MasterCase Pro 5 because it loos like its going to fit all of my immediate and future needs. And I also prefer full-tower over mid tower cases.

However I want to know if anyone has mounted any of the AIO coolers on the front of this case, and have it reach the CPU itself? I do not want to mount my cooler on the top of the case, I prefer pulling in air from the front and ejecting it out the back of the case.

Help! And thanks ahead of time! :sunglasse

I don't think the AIO coolers have enough tubing length to reach the front from the CPU in the 750D. Another option would be to consider a single radiator e.g. H80i V2 and mount it to rear.

I'd rather spend the money on a 240mm or 280mm setup for liquid cooling than go with a single rad AIO, I just don't see the point of them in this kind of setup. My CM Hyper 212+ keeps my current AMD FX-8350 ( OC'd to 4.4GHz) under 20C at idle. And I have note seen it go over 45C-47C when I am playing games or have a million-billion tabs open. If more people say that it wont work I may go with 240mm the kit that EKWB has on their website and put it together myself. Maybe get some extra tubing at the same time.

The problem with using a radiator on the front is that while your rad gets the coolest air, it then blows warm air into the case and onto your gpu. I have the same gpu as you and it's not the coolest running card. If you have a couple of fans on the front, blowing nice cool air onto the gpu and a radiator on the top exhausting the air, your gpu will stay as cool as possible and your cpu will only be marginally warmer (2 or 3 degrees). I am currently running a 900D set up as above and my cpu (6600K o/c'd to 3.9) idles at 20 to 24 degrees (depending on room temp) and when I stress tested it, using Prime 95, it never got above 48 degrees.

It's your choice (obviously) but it gives you something to consider.

Snapper69 would be correct. When it comes to cooling you simply cannot cheat physics, hot air will rise to the top. Ideally having your cooler mounted to the top of the case would be best.

As toasted said the H110i GTX or (h115i) is definitely compatible with the 750D however I wouldnt be able to guarantee the tube length to reach to the front. Although I know the tube's length is roughly 15" long. Hope this information is helpful with your build.

Archived