Corsair Community

bitfenix braided extensions?

excaka

Originally posted by jcvjcvjcvjcv:

Yeah, that's the golden question. It seems Corsair isn't too open about pin layouts.

Corsairs PSU's cables are only different at the PSU END. The other end that connects to your hardware is normal standard ATX specs. So ANY extension cables would work with them.

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employee

They're cable extensions. That means they extend existing cables. That means they work on ANY PSU.

But you certainly cannot use them as the ONLY cables going from the PSU to the peripheral. Those are unique going from one brand of PSU to another.

They're cable extensions. That means they extend existing cables. That means they work on ANY PSU.

But you certainly cannot use them as the ONLY cables going from the PSU to the peripheral. Those are unique going from one brand of PSU to another.

Is there any way of extending from psu or does corsair do a single long molex/sata cable? Or am i looking at having someone completely rebuild one to match layout on corsair psu's (i've seen a few places online that can do it only not locally)?

I'm not a fan of Extensions since they break the electrical connection between the PSU and Component.

The optimal way would be extend the length of the cable with new wiring and pins from the existing connectors supplied with PSU. Making customs cable are time consuming and require patience, especially if you're sleeving the wires individually.

I'm currently working on a CM Storm Trooper build and have the exact same issue, the PSU wiring for 8-Pin CPU / EPS is 250mm short. I decide to trash the cables supplied with the PSU and made a custom set with 16AWG silver plated wire and gold connectors with Red and Black Maxcord sleeving. Was lucky enough to get the supplies from FrozenCPU on 12 Feb before the stopped taking and filling orders.

• Corsair Employee

So, everything that is currently made by Corsair uses the "Type 3" connectors.

The exceptions are some of the older modular units:

HX650: All cables are unique to the HX650

AX750 and 850 Gold: All cables are unique to the AX Gold

AX760 and 860 Platinum: All cables are Type 3, but the 24-pin is unique to the AX Platinum

AX1200: All cables, except the 24-pin, is unique to the AX1200. The 24-pin happens to be a Type 3.

Archived