Corsair Community

Remap actions not functional until opened in iCUE

Karm

Hi,

I made this post in the CUE 2.x subforum earlier about this issue, but I see it's deprecated and noticed that iCUE is the followup software (even though on the Corsair website, under 'downloads', for the K95 keyboard it still links to CUE v2.24.50). So I've uninstalled CUE (version 2.24.50), installed iCUE (version 3.4.95), but the issue remains so I'm posting this here.

I have a Corsair K95 RGB keyboard, firmware is up to date, and I have several of my 'G' keys remapped to other key combinations on the keyboard. However when I press them, nothing happens, they don't work, even though iCUE is running and my keyboard seems to be functioning properly.

But when I then go into iCUE, into the 'actions' section and I merely SELECT the action, that key starts working again! Even after selecting another action, closing the iCUE window and swapping back and forth between profiles, it keeps working. So for now, I have to open my profile and select all 18 'G' key actions once, to make them work. This is a bit of a hassle and it seems to be a bug, so I'd appreciate if someone could help me out in how to fix this.

I made a demonstration video to show and clarify what I've described above.

For this demonstration, I've remapped my 'G2' key to the 'a' key on my keyboard in profile M2, to more easily show the issue. However in regular use, the G keys are mapped to key combinations like 'Ctrl-F2', hence the use of the 'remap keystroke' feature.

Here's my action key setup:

http://prntscr.com/jy1pjv

Here's the video showing the issue:

[ame]

[/ame]

If anyone could help, that'd be much appreciated.

those M buttons up top are just static lighting profiles on that device, not necessarily switching the profile. They can be over ridden, so to be clear are you certain the profile is changing in CUE to the profile where you set G2 to remap to 'a'?

Because i think that is the problem. You can set a single button to roll through profiles, may be your easiest fix, but there are other approaches which can include making them application specific

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm certain that is not the issue. If instead of switching profiles with the M1-2-3 keys I go into iCUE manually and select the profile manually, the keys still don't work. That is, UNTIL I go into the 'Actions' tab of the profile and SELECT the action at least once.

If I go into the actions tab and I click button G1 through G12, then those will all function, but G13-G18 will still not work. This should indicate that the problem doesn't lie in the switching of profiles, but rather in the activating of the individual action key configurations.

Also, from what I can tell, the M1-M2-M3 keys do work for switching profiles. When I click them, I can see the profile changing along in iCUE. However, when iCUE is not running, those keys default to the lighting-only configs that are saved to the chip. Once iCUE starts up, it takes over control of the keyboard lighting and the M1-M3 keys do function for profile switching.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my K63. In some of my profiles I have specific keystrokes assigned to some of the F keys, which don't work until I select them in iCUE. I know this isn't a problem of not changing the profiles, since all my profiles have specific illumination patterns.

I also found that this issue only seems to affect remapping keystrokes; it doesn't affect remapping a key to change the profile or launching an application, for example. I'm also running iCUE 3.4.95, and haven't found any solution for this issue.

Whenever I close the CUE software, and open it later the profiles are saved, but I need to press each of the Keybinds to activate them. This is really annoying and I would love to know if there is something wrong with the software and/or something to do to fix it.

Mouse is Corsair Scimitar RGB

I don't have this issue with my mouse. What software and firmware version are you on? I'm using iCUE 3.4.95, and FW 2.04. If you still have the issue, try looking into updating USB drivers, or maybe Windows Updates.

this had been posted elsewhere in the earlier cue forums. My initial suggestion was that perhaps the profile was not getting activated and it just appeared that the actions assigned were not running. That said, I believe that user posted a youtube showing they had to click on each item before they said it would take effect.

My suggestion would be to make a new 'test' profile and then just create one new action and assign it in a similar way.

Then just reboot and see if you can activate that test profile and see if it stays bound? If it does not, I would suggest exporting the "test" cueprofile and posting it so we can look at it. I also would say maybe you don't have the correct file write permissions in the cue directory?

Maybe it is a new drive you brought over from a migrated install? there are probably a couple specific directories you can try setting explicit security on so we know it can save the changes. I would imagine there might be other things that could be happening like a system restore point coming back for some reason or I would say a repair install is in order first. Maybe even a clean install from a fresh website download?

the other thread hastegag mentioned: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=178798

I'm having the same problem with my K63 keyboard. I have a bunch of remapped keystrokes (even some in my standard profile) that won't do anything before I open iCUE and manually select them (the remaps are already there; they just need to be seen to start working, it seems).

I've tried repairing, and then reinstalling completely the software, and it didn't work. I've made a new test profile with only one remapped keystroke, and when rebooting it doesn't work. In fact, the original key also does not respond (for the test I've made the "g" key remap to "h"; after rebooting, pressing the g key does nothing, not even the g). I've exported my test profile, here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pjmu93h3rqbveb/testprofile.cueprofile?dl=0

Hum, that's buggy. Ill ask Corsair to follow up on this.

Sweet!

if it helps, I think the action is stored between lines 1937 and 1981 on his test profile:

<actions size="dynamic">
<value0>
<first>
<polymorphic_id>15</polymorphic_id>
<ptr_wrapper>
<id>2147483677</id>
<data>
<base>
<name>Remap key 1</name>
<id>{c0a1571f-0da9-465b-aef8-2dd41473dd93}</id>
<repeatOptions>
<repeatCount>1</repeatCount>
<repeatMode>NoRepeat</repeatMode>
<delay>0</delay>
<delayMode>Constant</delayMode>
<randomDelayFrom>0</randomDelayFrom>
<randomDelayTo>0</randomDelayTo>
</repeatOptions>
<executionHints>
<terminateOnSecondExec>false</terminateOnSecondExec>
<restartOnSecondExec>false</restartOnSecondExec>
<execHint>OnBoth</execHint>
<retainOriginalKeyOutput>false</retainOriginalKeyOutput>
</executionHints>
<actionLighting>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}</actionLighting>
<actionSoundPath></actionSoundPath>
<attachedActions size="dynamic"/>
</base>
<keyName></keyName>
<keyStroke size="dynamic">
<value0>H</value0>
</keyStroke>
<holdingKeyEnabled>false</holdingKeyEnabled>
<holdingKeyType>OnPress</holdingKeyType>
<holdingKeyOnPressInterval>100</holdingKeyOnPressInterval>
<sniperSwitchMode>WhilePressed</sniperSwitchMode>
</data>
</ptr_wrapper>
</first>
<second>
<first>G</first>
<second>Click</second>
</second>
</value0>
</actions>

Hey folks, I just wanna jump into this and report, that I have exactly the same issue. It all started when CUE (version 2.24.50) was automatically updated to iCUE (version 3.4.95). And it seems like only keystrokes are affected.

Hopefully they will fix it quick. Thanks for reporting the bug.

*edit btw I have a K95 RGB

What do you mean by "press each of the Keybinds to activate them". Are you having to rebind the keys each time? Or are you saying you have the trigger the actions?

I have to activate them each time, the settings are saved just not activated

Hey folks, I just wanna jump into this and report, that I have exactly the same issue. It all started when CUE (version 2.24.50) was automatically updated to iCUE (version 3.4.95). And it seems like only keystrokes are affected.

Hopefully they will fix it quick. Thanks for reporting the bug.

Back up your profiles and try this.

Go to C:\Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

and delete the CUE folder.

This will delete all of your profiles and settings. Make a new profile does it still bug out?

Hey Guys. So I just got my Scimitar Pro Mouse. I have similar problem.

But mine is every time I turn on my PC, the key that I assigned on the Default (Remaping key "1" and key "4" as forward and backward). When PC are turned on, the actions does not work. I have to go to Actions again and clicking "1" and "4" for it to work. Is this a software issue or I may missing some steps. I just want that actions to be permanently working when every time I open my PC.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just wanted to report that I’m having the exact same issue. It’s been over 3 weeks now that I got the keyboard and have had the issue since day 1. Was not able to find a solution. It’s extremely frustrating because I use this keyboard for work - even had to go as far as putting it back into its box which is extremely disappointing also given the cost of this thing but primarily because I friggin love this keyboard! It’s a real tragedy!!! Hope it gets fixed so very soon that I can finally use it. Thank you ICUE team!

Same problem with my Scimitar, I've posted about it on the forums maybe a half dozen times with no reply over several months.

If I use Remap Key, it works fine without going into the software every reboot/relaunch of icue/cue. It is the Remap Keystroke that doesn't get recognized. So my commands like "Windows Key + M" for minimize all just don't work until I click through. But simple 1:1 remaps like page up and down do.

Same problem with my Scimitar, I've posted about it on the forums maybe a half dozen times with no reply over several months.

If I use Remap Key, it works fine without going into the software every reboot/relaunch of icue/cue. It is the Remap Keystroke that doesn't get recognized. So my commands like "Windows Key + M" for minimize all just don't work until I click through. But simple 1:1 remaps like page up and down do.

I was originally not able to reproduce this and it is odd because I swear I have and had other keystroke remaps in place that still worked, but I just tried making a simple new one in my default profile to remap the a key to ctrl a and see if it would work following a reboot, and it did not

http://www.smithany.com/ExampleCase1.png

http://www.smithany.com/ExampleCase2.png

in the second picture, the a key works. Then I reboot and try again without first opening icue:

http://www.smithany.com/ExampleCase3.png

and it does not work as you can see above, but if you open icue, it seems to start working again...

http://www.smithany.com/ExampleCase4.png

Archived