Corsair Community

My H60 Hydro Cooler has a broken CPU block! (Any suggestions?)

Toby OSX

Hi folks,

I have just found out after unwrapping my H60 Cooling "block & radiator" that the cooling block (that screws into the motherboard) is in fact broken.

On one corner there's no screw (& cover) at all.

On the opposite diagonal corner the cover of the screw is missing revealing the screw head... and the top lid of the cooling block actually lifts up.

Also... when I took it out of the plastic wrapper I noticed that the device (along with the inside of the bag) was wet - with a kind of thin transparent oil (which I now assume is the coolant liquid).

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

... and if so, how long did it take for Corsair to respond to your request for help, and did they send you a replacement?

Thank you for reading

If it's new, then contact the reseller first, they should replace it, if not, contact tech support, you can make a ticket at the tech support site and report the problems you have with the cooler . The link is above, where you see Support Ticket system, this will redirect you to the tech support site, if it's the first time , you will have to fill out the registration, then you can fill out a ticket, don't forget to upload your bill/invoice and some pictures of the faulty parts, you find this at the bottom of the ticket where it says ; ad attachment. This is the way to ask for a rma. I had a faulty H100i, leds didn't work like it should, had to send it back to Corsair, in a week I had a new one. So they take care of you.

If it's new, then contact the reseller first, they should replace it, if not, contact tech support, you can make a ticket at the tech support site and report the problems you have with the cooler . The link is above, where you see Support Ticket system, this will redirect you to the tech support site, if it's the first time , you will have to fill out the registration, then you can fill out a ticket, don't forget to upload your bill/invoice and some pictures of the faulty parts, you find this at the bottom of the ticket where it says ; ad attachment. This is the way to ask for a rma. I had a faulty H100i, leds didn't work like it should, had to send it back to Corsair, in a week I had a new one. So they take care of you.

Glad to hear they sent you a new one. ... Hope they'll do this for me too.

My H60 is new, but think I missed the deadline for returning it to Amazon. I hope that Corsair will deliver where Amazon can't.

Thanks for your guidance ;):

Think about, that it has to be send to the Netherlands, take pictures of it and upload them with the ticket. You should get a new one. Was the box sealed when you got it, it's normally sealed if it's a new one. It could be that Amazon sold you a h60 that was returned from a other costumer. I never buy at amazon, so I don't know how they work with items that return.

Archived