Corsair Community

LL fans on 570x

AGATwitch

The case comes with a lighting "hub" that accommodates 6 lighting fans plugs. The LL requires software integration through a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro. in addition to a lighting hub. I don't see how it would work, but perhaps someone is more enterprising than me.

I just did this post in another thread.. but same applies

The Corsair 570x Case Comes with 1 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 x Corsair SP RGB Fan LED Controller and 3 x SP 120 RGB Fans as standard

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub (Supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Commander Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (not supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Lighting Node Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-lighting-node-pro (not supplied with the 570x) (Node Pro is also supplied without LED strips with Triple LL120 and double LL140m Packs)

Would get Corsair LINK here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/downloads(cant not be used along side the button controller in your case for LED Control, The Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro Replaces the button Controller)

Corsair LL series fans LED's can only be controlled by software.. There is no button controller option

Ideally you need a triple pack and 3 single packs to get You going as I think thats the cheapest way to get all 6??

in stock here (uk)

Triple pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

single pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-fan-single-pack

and I also recommend getting the commander pro

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (currently out of stock) but they do have them on scan (uk)

You would unplug the button controller in the back of Your case from the RGB Fan Led Hub your Fans LED cables are plugged into.. the button controller is no longer needed. and you would plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the 2 options below (note You can keep your Current Rgb Fan LED hub supplied with Your case as its the same hub used will all of Corsairs RGB fans)

option 1, plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the Node pro's led channels supplied with the Triple packs But you wont have control of RPM in corsair link

Option 2, Purchase the Commander Pro and plug Your RGB Fan Led Hub into one of its led channels, also plug Your fans PWM cables into the fan headers on the Commander Pro. this will give You both rgb and rpm control in Corsair Link

Both the above options will require Connection to one of Your motherboards USB headers and a Sata Power Connection to Your PSU and both will Leave a LED channel free for some LED strips http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-led-lighting-pro-expansion-kit

wired up like so... (only connections not show in the diagrams are the Sata Power and USB to motherboard connections)

using the lighting node pro with RGB control via Corsair Link and controlling rpm via motherboard or other Fan controller..

4qcqpWr.jpg

and using commander pro using Corsair link to control both RGB and RPM

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

here is mine with LL fans (and a few hd's lol)

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

hope this helps.. feel free to ask any more questions need bud,

I just did this post in another thread.. but same applies

The Corsair 570x Case Comes with 1 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 x Corsair SP RGB Fan LED Controller and 3 x SP 120 RGB Fans as standard

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub (Supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Commander Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (not supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Lighting Node Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-lighting-node-pro (not supplied with the 570x) (Node Pro is also supplied without LED strips with Triple LL120 and double LL140m Packs)

Would get Corsair LINK here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/downloads(cant not be used along side the button controller in your case for LED Control, The Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro Replaces the button Controller)

Corsair LL series fans LED's can only be controlled by software.. There is no button controller option

Ideally you need a triple pack and 3 single packs to get You going as I think thats the cheapest way to get all 6??

in stock here (uk)

Triple pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

single pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-fan-single-pack

and I also recommend getting the commander pro

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (currently out of stock) but they do have them on scan (uk)

You would unplug the button controller in the back of Your case from the RGB Fan Led Hub your Fans LED cables are plugged into.. the button controller is no longer needed. and you would plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the 2 options below (note You can keep your Current Rgb Fan LED hub supplied with Your case as its the same hub used will all of Corsairs RGB fans)

option 1, plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the Node pro's led channels supplied with the Triple packs But you wont have control of RPM in corsair link

Option 2, Purchase the Commander Pro and plug Your RGB Fan Led Hub into one of its led channels, also plug Your fans PWM cables into the fan headers on the Commander Pro. this will give You both rgb and rpm control in Corsair Link

Both the above options will require Connection to one of Your motherboards USB headers and a Sata Power Connection to Your PSU and both will Leave a LED channel free for some LED strips http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-led-lighting-pro-expansion-kit

wired up like so... (only connections not show in the diagrams are the Sata Power and USB to motherboard connections)

using the lighting node pro with RGB control via Corsair Link and controlling rpm via motherboard or other Fan controller..

4qcqpWr.jpg

and using commander pro using Corsair link to control both RGB and RPM

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

here is mine with LL fans (and a few hd's lol)

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

hope this helps.. feel free to ask any more questions need bud,

Got triple pack LL120. Does any fan needs to be connected to 4-pin motherboard itself (3 4-pin connections overall) or only 1 9-pin connection from the lighting node pro?

Each fan will need two connections ... and has 2 wires.

1 goes to the RGB Fan Hub, which is then plugged in to the Lighting Node Pro. The Lighting Node Pro needs to be connected via USB (that's the 9 pin) and powered via SATA. This connection is for the RGB LEDs.

The other connection is a standard 4 pin PWM fan connection. This needs to be plugged in to a fan header ... either on your motherboard, on a Commander Pro, or on a PWM fan hub. This header is for the fan itself and provides speed control.

Each fan will need two connections ... and has 2 wires.

1 goes to the RGB Fan Hub, which is then plugged in to the Lighting Node Pro. The Lighting Node Pro needs to be connected via USB (that's the 9 pin) and powered via SATA. This connection is for the RGB LEDs.

The other connection is a standard 4 pin PWM fan connection. This needs to be plugged in to a fan header ... either on your motherboard, on a Commander Pro, or on a PWM fan hub. This header is for the fan itself and provides speed control.

Thank you, perfect answer

If I replace the radiator fans of the H115i to dual LL140. What are the connections that I should do? One to usb 2.0 and the fans to the hub?

Yeah, H115i will need to be connected via USB for Link control.

I would connection the fans to the cooler. This will allow them to be controlled by the cooler based on coolant temp without requiring Link to run. You will, however, definitely want to use Link to monitor it and change settings. I would set it to "Performance" or a custom curve; the standard curves on Link for the cooler are designed for the stock fans, which are a bit more powerful (and a good deal louder) than the LL fans.

I think that cooler has a SATA power connection. If it doesn't ... and it only has a fan header connection, make sure it's plugged in and set to 100% in the BIOS. (See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801). But ... I don't think that this applies to you.

Yeah, H115i will need to be connected via USB for Link control.

I would connection the fans to the cooler. This will allow them to be controlled by the cooler based on coolant temp without requiring Link to run. You will, however, definitely want to use Link to monitor it and change settings. I would set it to "Performance" or a custom curve; the standard curves on Link for the cooler are designed for the stock fans, which are a bit more powerful (and a good deal louder) than the LL fans.

I think that cooler has a SATA power connection. If it doesn't ... and it only has a fan header connection, make sure it's plugged in and set to 100% in the BIOS. (See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168801). But ... I don't think that this applies to you.

Why are my fans speeds are so slow on default? I can't change it at all. they are connected to 3 different motherboard's 4-pin and to the Lighting node pro. one reaches max 900, the other 730 and the last 630. how can I control them? only with commander pro?

Why are my fans speeds are so slow on default? I can't change it at all. they are connected to 3 different motherboard's 4-pin and to the Lighting node pro. one reaches max 900, the other 730 and the last 630. how can I control them? only with commander pro?

If they are connected to fan headers on your motherboard, you'll need to use your BIOS to set the fan curves. They are so slow because they are tied to CPU temperature ... which is low. With a liquid cooled system, this actually doesn't make sense ... you'll want to tie them more to the case internal temperature (the CPU isn't dumping its heat into the case any longer). Depending on your BIOS and your motherboard, it's likely that you have a sensor or two to choose from on the motherboard. Don't, however, use the chipset temperature ... that actually doesn't seem to change much (on my systems, at least).

The Commander Pro would allow you to configure your fan settings in Link, something that, personally, I really like. It also comes with 4 temperature sensors that you can use as the basis for your fan curve.

If they are connected to fan headers on your motherboard, you'll need to use your BIOS to set the fan curves. They are so slow because they are tied to CPU temperature ... which is low. With a liquid cooled system, this actually doesn't make sense ... you'll want to tie them more to the case internal temperature (the CPU isn't dumping its heat into the case any longer). Depending on your BIOS and your motherboard, it's likely that you have a sensor or two to choose from on the motherboard. Don't, however, use the chipset temperature ... that actually doesn't seem to change much (on my systems, at least).

The Commander Pro would allow you to configure your fan settings in Link, something that, personally, I really like. It also comes with 4 temperature sensors that you can use as the basis for your fan curve.

Should I replace my lighting node pro with commander pro? same lighting effects for the LL120? and where is his connections?

Should I replace my lighting node pro with commander pro? same lighting effects for the LL120? and where is his connections?

Completely up to you, buddy. It's not necessary at all. I, personally, really like the device but it may not be worth the cost for you; that's not for me to say.

Yes, you'd get the same lighting effects. In addition to being a fan hub with six fan connectors and 4 temperature probes, it also acts as a Lighting Node Pro and 2 port USB hub. And, of course, you get to manage it all in Link.

But ... let me stress ... you don't need it. With your fans plugged in to your motherboard, you can control their speeds and set your preferred fan curve in the BIOS. That used to be the only way that we had to control fan speeds.

Completely up to you, buddy. It's not necessary at all. I, personally, really like the device but it may not be worth the cost for you; that's not for me to say.

Yes, you'd get the same lighting effects. In addition to being a fan hub with six fan connectors and 4 temperature probes, it also acts as a Lighting Node Pro and 2 port USB hub. And, of course, you get to manage it all in Link.

But ... let me stress ... you don't need it. With your fans plugged in to your motherboard, you can control their speeds and set your preferred fan curve in the BIOS. That used to be the only way that we had to control fan speeds.

so at the bottom line, is it possible to replace the H110i's fans with the 2xLL120? If yes, is it recommended?

so at the bottom line, is it possible to replace the H110i's fans with the 2xLL120? If yes, is it recommended?

You can, yes. They would do the job and would be controllable from the pump. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have them as a part of a push-pull configuration; they don't have the static pressure or performance of the HD or (especially) the ML fans.

You can, yes. They would do the job and would be controllable from the pump. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have them as a part of a push-pull configuration; they don't have the static pressure or performance of the HD or (especially) the ML fans.

The H115i can't be placed at top of the 570x?

The H115i can't be placed at top of the 570x?

No, there isn't enough width for both the radiator and fans. You can get a 140mm wide object right at the top of the case, but the next 25mm level below the top will run into the motherboard VRM, power plugs, and DRAM clips. So 140mm wide radiator or fans, but not both. It has to go in the front rail.

This is a common bind 460 and 570X owners find themselves in, wanting to use a 280mm but also keep the front 3x120 look. You can either accept the 2x140 look in front and use LL140s, or some people will keep a 3x120 RGB fan front and either 1) stick the larger 280mm radiator behind the 120s, secruing it to the case around the smaller fans; or 2) same as above but also use another pair of 140mm fans on the interior to make airflow through the 280mm radiator more efficient.

Here is someone who has gone with #2. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=930933&postcount=33

No, there isn't enough width for both the radiator and fans. You can get a 140mm wide object right at the top of the case, but the next 25mm level below the top will run into the motherboard VRM, power plugs, and DRAM clips. So 140mm wide radiator or fans, but not both. It has to go in the front rail.

This is a common bind 460 and 570X owners find themselves in, wanting to use a 280mm but also keep the front 3x120 look. You can either accept the 2x140 look in front and use LL140s, or some people will keep a 3x120 RGB fan front and either 1) stick the larger 280mm radiator behind the 120s, secruing it to the case around the smaller fans; or 2) same as above but also use another pair of 140mm fans on the interior to make airflow through the 280mm radiator more efficient.

Here is someone who has gone with #2. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=930933&postcount=33

so what's the pros and cons changing the default fans to 2xLL120?

so what's the pros and cons changing the default fans to 2xLL120?

2x120 on a 280mm radiator? Do you mean 2x140?

IMHO:

Pros: They are drop dead gorgeous sexiness.

Cons: The LL fans have less static pressure at the same speed than the HD or the ML fans and FAR less than the stock fans (though, to be fair, the stock fans are likely overkill for most use cases). So they won't be able to "push" air through the restricted airflow of the radiator and you'll want to increase fan speeds to compensate (higher speeds have higher static pressure). They'll work but they won't be as efficient. It may work for you, depending on your needs and what you're doing. But it's something that you should be aware of. They would be best in combination with a high static pressure fan in push-pull where the static pressure pushes and the LL fans pull (there's a Linus tech tip where they actually tested this out). But then you wouldn't see the lighting as the LL fans light up to one side (intake).

2x120 on a 280mm radiator? Do you mean 2x140?

IMHO:

Pros: They are drop dead gorgeous sexiness.

Cons: The LL fans have less static pressure at the same speed than the HD or the ML fans and FAR less than the stock fans (though, to be fair, the stock fans are likely overkill for most use cases). So they won't be able to "push" air through the restricted airflow of the radiator and you'll want to increase fan speeds to compensate (higher speeds have higher static pressure). They'll work but they won't be as efficient. It may work for you, depending on your needs and what you're doing. But it's something that you should be aware of. They would be best in combination with a high static pressure fan in push-pull where the static pressure pushes and the LL fans pull (there's a Linus tech tip where they actually tested this out). But then you wouldn't see the lighting as the LL fans light up to one side (intake).

You mean that changing to the Ll120 can reduce cooling performance?

When compared to the stock fans, yes. The LL fans are better for airflow uses where you don't have a lot of restriction.

Exactly how much ... I can't say.

If you used them with the stock fans, in a push/pull configuration, they would help.

Think I'll go with the ML120 Pro Led fans replacing the stock fans of the H110i. What do you think?

You mean that changing to the Ll120 can reduce cooling performance?

That's not the right way to look at it. Theoretically the stock SP140L fans are capable of moving more air through the radiator than a pair of LL140 fans because they can spin up to 2000 rpm. That does not mean it offers better performance when they are at the same RPM. Real performance gains in fans tend to be elusive. In most set-ups, airflow over the radiator is not the restricting element. Buying Fan A because it has a 1.71mm H20 static pressure which makes it better than Fan B with only 1.55 is like buying one car over another because A has 241 HP and B only has 230 -- therefore A is faster and more fun. It is far too limited in scope and ignores the other factors that make something pleasing or enjoyable.

Obviously the LL series look a lot better than the stock fans. No, you are not giving up any meaningful performance between them, unless you routinely run the stock fans at 1800+ rpm. Even then, the difference would be slight. Only someone who does rendering or other workstation type loads all day long needs to think about the highest capacity fans. The LL will also be more pleasing in sound compared to the SP140L at the same speed. This is an easy win for the LL series, with the only negatives being cost and the required LNP controlling and double wiring for all the RGB fans.

The better question might be which RGB fans are right for you. Now there are LL, HD, and ML-RGB series models to look at. All are PWM and i-cooler capable (PWM). All are versatile enough to be a case fan or a radiator fan. The differences are subtle along with the lighting appearance.

One of the more notable issues with the LL is if you want to use the sequential patterns across multiple fans, the top radiator exhaust fan face the wrong direction. As such, you need to mount them with wire end toward the door and run the cable back to the other side of the board. Perhaps someone with the LL in this position can add more detail if needed.

Beyond that, there are certainly lighting appearance differences. The ML series offers the lowest noise, but the fewest LEDs. For some, this is a plus. The HD series can be downright blinding at full intensity and eye protection is recommended for white at 100% intensity. Other people are going to love that feeling of sun on their face all Winter long. The ML-RGB and LL series require you to have Link running to support color function. The HD can run without it and does not require a LNP or C-Pro like the others, but I strongly recommend HD buyers get one anyway. It opens up individual fan color control and most importantly, a brightness slider. We could probably fill a new thread with subtleties, but all of these fans are a general upgrade from the stock models without any real compromise in performance.

That's not the right way to look at it. Theoretically the stock SP140L fans are capable of moving more air through the radiator than a pair of LL140 fans because they can spin up to 2000 rpm. That does not mean it offers better performance when they are at the same RPM. Real performance gains in fans tend to be elusive. In most set-ups, airflow over the radiator is not the restricting element. Buying Fan A because it has a 1.71mm H20 static pressure which makes it better than Fan B with only 1.55 is like buying one car over another because A has 241 HP and B only has 230 -- therefore A is faster and more fun. It is far too limited in scope and ignores the other factors that make something pleasing or enjoyable.

Obviously the LL series look a lot better than the stock fans. No, you are not giving up any meaningful performance between them, unless you routinely run the stock fans at 1800+ rpm. Even then, the difference would be slight. Only someone who does rendering or other workstation type loads all day long needs to think about the highest capacity fans. The LL will also be more pleasing in sound compared to the SP140L at the same speed. This is an easy win for the LL series, with the only negatives being cost and the required LNP controlling and double wiring for all the RGB fans.

The better question might be which RGB fans are right for you. Now there are LL, HD, and ML-RGB series models to look at. All are PWM and i-cooler capable (PWM). All are versatile enough to be a case fan or a radiator fan. The differences are subtle along with the lighting appearance.

One of the more notable issues with the LL is if you want to use the sequential patterns across multiple fans, the top radiator exhaust fan face the wrong direction. As such, you need to mount them with wire end toward the door and run the cable back to the other side of the board. Perhaps someone with the LL in this position can add more detail if needed.

Beyond that, there are certainly lighting appearance differences. The ML series offers the lowest noise, but the fewest LEDs. For some, this is a plus. The HD series can be downright blinding at full intensity and eye protection is recommended for white at 100% intensity. Other people are going to love that feeling of sun on their face all Winter long. The ML-RGB and LL series require you to have Link running to support color function. The HD can run without it and does not require a LNP or C-Pro like the others, but I strongly recommend HD buyers get one anyway. It opens up individual fan color control and most importantly, a brightness slider. We could probably fill a new thread with subtleties, but all of these fans are a general upgrade from the stock models without any real compromise in performance.

I think about the ML-120 Pro Led. What do you think? It's a bit disappointing because I have 570x with 3xLL120 at the front, one at the back but I wanted 2 at the top but I can't be sure about that because the low static pressure.

I think about the ML-120 Pro Led. What do you think? It's a bit disappointing because I have 570x with 3xLL120 at the front, one at the back but I wanted 2 at the top but I can't be sure about that because the low static pressure.

Absolutely not. If you already have 3xLL120 across the front, the decision is made. Get LL for the rest of the slots. Going to another fan type will require additional controllers, may or may not look as you expect since they have different lighting systems, and there is no basis to expect performance differences at like speeds. The differences in pressure and airflow at like speeds on these fans are inconsequential and likely not measurable outside of a test environment.

Archived