Corsair Community

4 x 512 3200C2

retiredfields

I have a new system, which came with an Asus A8N-SLI Premium and two CMX512 3200C2 modules. The system BIOS, set to auto, set the memory clock at 400 mhz. I just added two more 512 3200C2 modules, identical to the first two, for a total of 2 gigs. The BIOS now sets the memory clock at 333 mhz. The Asus manual says that memory does not support four modules as two pairs of dual channel memory.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

Thanks

Ken

I have a new system, which came with an Asus A8N-SLI Premium and two CMX512 3200C2 modules. The system BIOS, set to auto, set the memory clock at 400 mhz. I just added two more 512 3200C2 modules, identical to the first two, for a total of 2 gigs. The BIOS now sets the memory clock at 333 mhz. The Asus manual says that memory does not support four modules as two pairs of dual channel memory.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on?

Thanks

Ken

Actually, that compatibility list is at DDR400 speed. Asus has made no mention at all whatsoever about DDR333 compatibility with the A8N-SLI series motherboards.

Second, what you've experienced is due to the limitations of the memory controller on your CPU. If you're using four double-sided DIMMs (which your 512MB modules are), the memory clockspeed will default to DDR333 while maintaining dual-channel operation. But with your CPU, you may be able to manually set the memory clockspeed to DDR400 (200MHz) instead of leaving it on Auto (which made the memory default to DDR333/166MHz with four double-sided modules installed) - but then, you will have to set a 2T command rate instead of 1T in order for your system to run stable.

Make sure that you have the latest bios as that may be part of the issue if all of your modules are the same revision and part#.

i dont know if its the same revision or not, must they been born on the same day ( its only f**** Hardware) May be i schould buy another Processor...

if iot dont work ill sell this Rams and buy other one...

In deed Corsair again but then the 2 GB sticks...

i hoppe this will work then..

Inthehouse

2 1.0 Gig modules would be best with this MB. But if you use 4 modules they must be exactly matched. Sorry but this is a limitation of the memory controller.

What should i look for on my Mems;?? Serial NR anything like this ???

The four Modules are the same Type of Mem all CMX512-3200C2 so where

should i ve my eyes ( silver plate on the front ??)

inthehouse

Tankx for trying ....

This limitation of the speed is correct, but i'm running totaly differient brands of ram in bank 1,2 i have Corsair TwinX1024-3200C2's and in bank 3,4 i have my old ram Patriot PC3200 512Mb Matched pair if i run my Abit AN8 SLi in Auto on the memory i get 333 mhz Dual channel 1T timings 2.5,3,3,7 system is 100% stable ran memtest86 last night made 10 passes no errors

if i change the ram settings to SPD it runs at 400mhz Dual Channel 2T and system is stable in windows and games but memtest does come up with errors (i got 10 errors on first pass) so i set the mem back to Auto

so it would seem to me that you dont need to have exactly the same memory to run 4 sticks on an A64 maybe just simular sticks (512 mb double sided DDR400 in my case)

no its still not working !!!

may it help when i change my CPU to an X2 ???

Nope. The X2's have the same memory controller limitations as all of the more recent core A64 processors (like your venice). All of the ram sticks must match by brand, model number and revision number (i.e. matching IC's on the individual sticks). Sorry.

Nope. The X2's have the same memory controller limitations as all of the more recent core A64 processors (like your venice). All of the ram sticks must match by brand, model number and revision number (i.e. matching IC's on the individual sticks). Sorry.

:confused: just one more try.

the old mems are in the slot A1 and B1

the new ones are put in A2 and B2 so maybe it will work if i

put the old ones in A1 and A2 and the new ones in B1 and B2 :D:

if this is not working i ll change the modules to 1 GB modules

and the kidding around is over :roll:

If you can you would get better performance with 2 1.0 gig modules!

Which 1 GB Modules should i use in your mind, which are the best opinion ???:confused: i dont want spend my money again and waste it again :D:

So pleaz answer asap

Thankx

inthehouse

Archived