Corsair Community

Asus P4C800E-Deluxe & TwinX1024-4000PRO

2 MaXiMuS 4

hey RAM GUY, i really need you help...whenever i boot up my bios beeps 3 times indicating main memory read/write test error...for a while it would beep just twice, indicating a parity error. i didnt pay this much mind since it never really affected my stability, but now, it sometimes takes forever for windows to shut down or when i try to play a game it freezes at a black screen....could i have defective memory??? i appreciate any posts Thanks, Chris :confused:

• Corsair Employee
I assume that the system is posting and booting to windows? And in that case the beeps you are hearing are not what you think! And you will get beeps for every USB device you have connected with the older version of Bios. So how many USB devices do you have connected? You can try and disconnect them and then see if the beeps go away to verify this! Also the system taking a long time to shut down can be a many things! Like do you have antivirus loaded? Do you have or use the recovery feature in some software like Norton System works? Have you checked your system with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] (Please disable Legacy USB when running this program)? Have you scanned for a computer virus or for Add-ware software? Like with [url]http://www.majorgeek.com/index2.html[/url] addware!

Archived