Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro Firmware

AliasOfMyself

I don't know where else to post this.. and this is happening in Corsair Link so i thought it best to post it here.

I've had my Lighting Node Pro for around 3 weeks now (with 3 ML Pro RGB 140mm fans attached to it), and every so often link will tell me there's a firmware update available for the node pro, when i click okay nothing happens, the firmware version has remained on 0.5.104.

Can anyone tell me what the current version is, and how i get my node pro updated? when i googled the firmware version i currently have i was finding posts from last year, which tells me it's quite old already.

Prior to the node pro, i was using a hue+ with aer rgb fans, i never had any problems updating the firmware on that, so i'm a bit perplexed by this.

One potential source of the problem could be that i'm using an internal nzxt usb hub(i've never had any issues with it til i got the node pro though), this is thanks to Asus in their infinite wisdom of only including one usb 2 header on my motherboard.

I only have 2 devices attached to the usb hub, my node pro, and my H150i Pro liquid cooler.

Another issue that could be related, is sometimes when i start link up, my H150i and my node pro fail to show up(link is literally empty, with nothing at all, not even sensors show up), a reboot fixes this, and i think it might be related to an ongoing sensor issue that Asus are supposed to be fixing soon in a bios update.

Sorry for the long winded message, and thank you for taking the time to read it. :)

The latest firmware for the Node Pro is 0.05.104. I'm not sure why Link would be telling you that there is a new version out there; that smells like a bug to me. You would do the firmware update by going to Options ... Devices. But there's no need to do this.

The NZXT internal hub is fine; I have one myself ... for the exact same reason. HOWEVER ... the AMD boards (specifically, the AsMedia chipset for the USB ports) have issues with internally attached hubs - the CoPro has the same issue. What's happening is that the hub is failing to initialize due to the AsMedia implementation. Fortunately, a reboot fixes you right up. You might want to check on USB Legacy Support and XHCI Handoff in your BIOS (enable both) but I'm not sure that it'll fix anything.

That's very strange, i'll try to remember to get a screenshot the next time it tells me there's a firmware update for my LNP :)

If i remember correctly both USB Legacy Support and XHCI Handoff are already enabled in my bios, i'll take a look the next time i'm rebooting my rig to see where those are at.

I have no idea why Asus thought it was a good idea to give us only one usb 2 header, i think they corrected that in the Crosshair VII Hero though, but i don't need to upgrade to that board right now. I like the NZXT Hub, it was really cheap and works for what i need it for.

I have another quick question, currently my H150i Pro forgets the performance(2800 rpm) settings i apply for my pump after i power my rig down, i use the "set current settings as device defaults" option for my pump, and it will remember it if i do a reboot, but it won't if i shut down my rig, it goes right back to balanced(2100 rpm) upon power up.

Loading up link once windows loads up puts it back to performance, but the pump doesn't seem to be storing settings on a shut down. my previous h100i v2 didn't have that problem, once i saved the settings to the pump itself it saved fine.

Everything else seems to save to my pump just fine, e.g the colour settings and the fan profile, just the pump rpm profile.

I too, have an NZXT internal USB hub for the same reasons, lack of USB 2.0 headers. This one here to be exact!

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Cases/Casemods-&-Upgrades/66964-AC-IUSBH-M1?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpKG055PP2gIVxgorCh13ug4eEAQYASABEgJHtPD_BwE

I have my H150i USB 2.0 connected directly to the motherboard header whilst my lightning node pro is connected to the usb hub, along with the front USB 2.0 connector for the case and also the USB 2.0 connector for my RM850i PSU.

Everything works in harmony, perhaps because I don't have AsMedia chipsets which I have read can be an issue as mentioned by Devbiker. I would perhaps try do a clean install of CL, removing all folders/files left over from the software then reinstall. Perhaps you may be able to resolve the firmware update pop up message.

Oh i'm fully aware of the issues surrounding the ASMedia usb chipsets, but i'm not even sure if this is the cause of the issue.. my device manager is clearly showing the corsair USBXp driver for my H150i pro when the devices fail to show in link.. I could try giving link a clean install, but i may wait til i reinstall windows over the next week(just an os refresh, not having issues with anything else apart from a sluggish startup).

The pump not remembering the rpm profile i save to it on a shut down is an entirely seperate problem though, a friend with the same cooler and motherboard as me also has the same issue, the pump will keep its profile saved for the rpm on a reboot, but on a shutdown it's back to 2100rpm balanced instead of 2800rpm performance. The custom colour profiles we've both set to our pumps are retained though, it's just not fully saving the rpm profile.

I've attached a screenshot of link and my device manager with usb devices expanded anyways. :)

jv22gQl.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, been busy with some stuff in my life.

Isn't turning fast startup off just a bandaid to the issue though? I never had any issues with the performance profile sticking on my H100i V2, even if the machine was off for a few days or so. I find it strange that performance mode is sticking for reboots, but not shut downs, this would indicate the storage isn't being written permanently inside the H150i Pro, surely?

Windows Fast Startup isn't perfect and there are issues with it outside of potential (not definite) issues with Corsair's stuff, particularly with respect to device detection and how that interacts with your system's hardware.

So ... not necessarily a band-aid, just a recognition that Fast Startup isn't a perfect silver bullet.

That doesn't explain why it's fine with the H100i V2 though.. this issue only presented itself when i switched coolers.

Turning off fast startup would have a fairly big impact on my startup times, right? It's literally just a form of hybrid sleep/hybernation as far as i can remember.

Personally, I've not noticed a significant difference between having it enabled and not. Now ... that does depend on the speed of your boot drive. There's a much bigger difference when booting from mechanical vs SSD vs NVME. I boot from NVME.

Well, be that as it may, turning off fast startup in windows doesn't fix the problem, and i was 90% certain it wouldn't, since upon my first power up i've started randomly checking the pump speeds in the bios before the OS even starts to load, and they're always at 2100rpm (balanced) until the OS and link loads up. Once i've got the pump set to performance, i can perform as many restarts as i like and the speed will stick, but if i do a shut down, i have to wait til link loads before it will be at the rpm i need it at. It's not saving to the device, no matter how many times i click the button to save the settings to the device. Like i keep saying, this was never a problem with the H100i V2 on the same system.

I don't have link enabled on windows startup any more either, i'm having to start it up then close it once the pump profile kicks in. There are strange cpu usage issues that i know have already been posted about so i won't go into detail. The weather here in the UK is starting to get warmer, i don't want to be toasting my fluid/cpu when i eventually forget to start link up before playing a game, this is why i used the "use current settings as default" option under the listed device for my H100i V2, so i wouldn't have to worry, and i didn't have to worry til i swapped to the H150i PRO where this option is only storing the colour settings for the lighting and not storing the pump profile information. If for any reason i can't get into my OS and i have to reinstall it or diagnose something, i'm not going to be able to change the pump speed and this does concern me a little.

Devbiker,

I want to be really clear here, i wasn't trying to be rude, or be a smart ***.. i'm just giving you facts, i tried turning fast startup off in windows and it didn't work, the reason i didn't believe it would work is because of the bios showing the slower pump speed on power up, and that my old H100i V2 has never had that problem in the very same rig, on the same motherboard, with the same nzxt internal usb hub. For some reason the pump speed profile is not being stored on the internal storage contained within my H150i upon a shutdown, i have a friend with pretty much so the exact same hardware as me, except he as a hue+ instead of the NoPro and his pump profile isn't being stored exactly the same way mine isn't.

Wouldn't mind being told what i've done wrong.. I've kept my cool, not been flippant or insulting in any way.. all i got in return was being ignored, and having my point about the H100i V2 storing my pump profile properly ignored at multiple junctures.. used to love corsair, but lately, things have been rolling downhill for me. a little while back i was told that my old RM 750(non i or X) would be fine to use the type 4 cable pack available on the corsair website, the psu is type 3 cables, and as i later found out (on my own) the type 4 24 pin atx isn't even the same size coming out of the psu, nevermind the pin out differences.. this was by corsair support, in the last few months too. I only recently upgraded to the RM850x. Now there's this issue with the H150i Pro and it's being ignored?? I'm sure i'm allowed to be unhappy about that.

Archived