Corsair Community

Carbide 500R reset/light switch issue

Zully

**EDIT** Please disregard, after a couple hours fiddling with cables I pulled off the front panel and tested the buttons directly. They worked fine. I reattached the front panel and now the problem is gone. I'm not sure exactly how, but something must have pushed out of alignment and resetting the front panel fixed it. Probably got mashed out of place from moving the system back and forth from my desk to my work bench!

**EDIT 2** Unfortunately the problem was recurring, I have had to remove the Reset Switch pin plugs from the motherboard to stop it from resetting :( very sad to have to do such a "dirty" fix, can anyone think of a different solution that doesn't involve disabling the reset switch?

Cheers

Zully

Hello All;

I bought Corsair Carbide 500R and I'm really happy with the case overall. I built my system and everything was working really well. After a few days of getting baseline benchmarks I installed an after-market cooler. this cooler has two fans linked to one plug and a power plug for LEDs. Plugged everything in an all appeared well.

Then the strangest thing, I press the light switch button on the front of my case to turn of the LED fan lights, and they turn off, but my computer resets as if I had hit the reset button. The computer now resets every time I turn the fan LEDs on or off using the switch on the front.

This is so strange I have no clue how these buttons could be crossing or whatever and it is really frustrating as I like to turn the LEDs on and off as my preference changes throughout the day.

Please help!

Alas, I thought I had, but no luck.

from above:

**EDIT 2** Unfortunately the problem was recurring, I have had to remove the Reset Switch pin plugs from the motherboard to stop it from resetting :( very sad to have to do such a "dirty" fix, can anyone think of a different solution that doesn't involve disabling the reset switch?

__

I pulled apart the front panel and checked for anything that looked sketchy (frayed wires, sloppy soldering etc) but everything looked well constructed and properly set, I just can't figure out how this is happening!!

Alas, I thought I had, but no luck.

from above:

__

I pulled apart the front panel and checked for anything that looked sketchy (frayed wires, sloppy soldering etc) but everything looked well constructed and properly set, I just can't figure out how this is happening!!

do you have a diff mobo to test with to rule out that anything is wrong there

I don't have a spare mobo to test unfortunately, a short could make sense if it was in the board attached to the front panel buttons but I just don't know how it would have happened. Maybe something random while I was installing the new CPU. I'm not sure how I would test for that anyway.

Archived